March 26, 2022
- March 27, 2022
Kenting National Park (KNP) Kenting National Park (KNP)
For information about the 2022 XTERRA Taiwan off-road triathlon, duathlon and trail runs, visit XTERRA Taiwan.
ABOUT Stay Connected With Updates
The 2022 XTERRA Taiwan Off-Road Triathlon, Duathlon, Trail Runs and Kids Run & Pushbike competition are scheduled for March 26-27 in Kenting, Taiwan.
*Registration across all event categories closes on Dec 31st, 2021 at 23:59. No late or on-site registrations will be accepted.
Name: XTERRA TAIWAN 2022
Location: Kenting National Park (KNP)
Venue: Stony Brook Farm
Address: No. 17, Kending Road, Hengchun Township, Pingtung County, 946 (See map)
XTERRA TAIWAN OFF-ROAD TRIATHLON
Distance: SWIM 1.5K | BIKE 23K | RUN 12K
Description: From the crystal clear waters of Little Bay Beach, to the rolling green hillsides of Kenting National Park—the off-road triathlon will take your breath away because of the stunning scenery and the intense physical challenge. The vibe at the Awards Dinner will surely be an unforgettable lingering in your memory!
XTERRA TAIWAN OFF-ROAD DUATHLON
Distance: BIKE 23K | RUN 12K
Description: The off-road duathlon is perfect for athletes wanting to test their endurance while mountain biking and trail running through Kenting National Park's spectacular scenery.
XTERRA + VERTEX RUN & PUSHBIKE COMPETITION (REGISTRATION OPENS SOON)
Description: The WONDERKiDS race includes RUN and BIKE, encouraging kids to challenge themselves and discover their potentials. Through the race experience, kids learn the importance of grit and perseverance.
XTERRA TAIWAN TRAIL RUNS
Distance: 30K | 14K | 7K
Description: The trail runs through Kenting National Park will have you down in empty river beds, up on rolling green hillsides, traversing through dense forest and being met with spectacular views.
“Here you are racing against yourself, you have to do everything to get through the race.” Flora Duffy, 5x XTERRA World Champion.
“Off-road is way more fun and the pain just seems more tolerable when you are lost in nature.” Bradley Weiss, 2x XTERRA World Champion & Ironman 70.3 Champion
From the crystal clear waters of Little Bay Beach, to the rolling green hillsides of Kenting National Park—the off-road triathlon will take your breath away because of the stunning scenery and the intense physical challenge.
Time to rise to the challenge, and create your own story.
Swim – 1.5km
The 1.5K swim starts and ends at Little Bay Beach. Athletes will swim counterclockwise for two laps with a short beach run in between. After the swim, there is a short run of about 700 meters to T1 at Howard Resorts Kenting Parking Lot.
Bike – 23km
Heading out of transition, athletes will cross Kenting Avenue leading to the 23K bike course. The point-to-point bike course begins with 2K on-road, followed by trails to sandy and rocky riverbeds. Elevation increases gradually, and there will be several climbs to Mt. Menmaluo’s grassy summit. There will be lots of single track with varying vegetation in the area. Participants will also encounter fast downhill sections and technical flat trails. The majority of the course will be single tracks leading to open wide areas.
Run – 11km
After the bike course, participants head to Chihniuling / T2. The run course has a short climb and then heads downhill in grassy open areas leading to the riverbed with lots of loose rocks.
Bike – 23km
Heading out of transition, athletes will cross the Kenting Avenue leading to the 23K bike course. The one loop bike course begins with about 2KM on-road followed by trails to the sandy and rocky riverbed. Elevation increases gradually, and there will be several climbs to Mt. Menmaluo’s grassy summit. There will be lots of single track with varying vegetation in the area. Participants will also encounter fast downhill sections and technical flat trails. The majority of the course will be single tracks leading to open wide areas.
Run – 11km
After the bike course, participants will head to Chihniuling for T2 (transition 2 - bike to run). The run course starts with downhill in grassy open areas leading to the riverbed with lots of loose rocks.
Location: Kenting National Park, Pingtung County, TW
|13:00 - 17:00||Bike Course Open||KNP|
|07:00 - 15:00||Bike Course Open||KNP|
|13:00 - 18:00||Registration & Expo||Stony Brook Farm|
|16:00 - 17:00||Race Briefing- Triathlon & Duathlon||Stony Brook Farm|
|07:00||Triathlon - Start||Little Bay Beach|
|08:00||Duathlon - Start||Howard Resorts Kenting Parking Lot|
|09:00 - 15:00||XTERRA EXPO||Stony Brook Farm|
|09:00 - 18:00||Registration - Trail Run||Stony Brook Farm|
|18:00 - 21:00||Dinner & Awards Ceremony||Stony Brook Farm|
|06:30 - 09:00||Shuttle Bus: KYAC > LeoFoo Village||KYAC Main Entrance|
|07:30||30K - Start||Stony Brook Farm|
|08:00||14K - Start||Stony Brook Farm|
|08:00 - 15:00||XTERRA EXPO||Stony Brook Farm|
|08:10||7K - Start||Stony Brook Farm|
|11:00||Awards Ceremony||Stony Brook Farm|
|15:00||All Events Close||Stony Brook Farm|
1. Race Pack
Athlete will get Race Kit, T-shirt, Cap, and Wristband.
※ Race kit includes a timing chip, three transition bags, a race number bib, a set of stickers, and a swimming cap.
2. Finisher Pack
Athlete will get Medal, Souvenir and Meal ticket.
3. General Rules
(1) If for any reason a participant cannot finish the race, they must report to the finish line area and return their timing chip. This will result in a DNF (did not finish) result.
(2) Littering on the run and bike course is prohibited. Any item that needs to be discarded, including water bottles, gel wrappers, energy bar wrappers, broken bike parts, inner tubes, or clothing items, can only be discarded at aid / hydration stations.
(3) In T1 and T2, it is the responsibility of the participant to ensure all race gear is placed in their respective race baskets / boxes / bags.
(4) Participants will NOT be allowed to enter T1 from the time bike check in closes (3/25 - 19:00) until T1 opens on race morning 05:00.
(5) Only participants wearing an XTERRA Taiwan wristband and race officials will be allowed to enter T1 and T2 before, during, and after the race. No family members, personal bike mechanics or photographers without credentials will be allowed in T1 or T2 at any time.
(6) All the bikes will transfer from T2 to T1 after participants finish the bike course. No private vehicles will allowed into T2.
(7) Bike and Bag collection from T1– transition 1 will open at to be 12pm for collection of bikes and transition bags. Any bikes or bags remaining in T1 after 15:00 will be left unsecured as the transition area will be closed and race staff removed from the area. Bikes and bags can only be collected by the PARTICIPANT - family members, support staff, coaches, and drivers will NOT be allowed to collect bikes and bags from T1. Participants will be required to present a race number to the transition marshal as proof of bike ownership.
(8) Relay participants must remain in the designated waiting areas in T1 and T2 and wait for their teammate to arrive. They cannot leave transition unless given permission by a race marshal. Once a relay participant has completed their leg of the race they may leave transition but will not be allowed to return to transition until transition opens for bike and race gear collection.
(9) All medical expenses incurred during the course of the race or as a result of the race, are the sole responsibility of the participant.
(10) MP3 players or any kind of personal music / listening devices with headset are not allowed at any time during the race. Use of a headset will result in disqualification.
(11) XTERRA Taiwan race numbers and race registration and non-transferable. Participants found racing under a different name will be disqualified.
(12) RELAY TEAMS – relay teams must consist of 2-3 participants. A participant from another relay team cannot compete as part of a second relay team. No participant registered as an individual may race as part of a relay team.
(13) Consider the safety of yourself and other participants at all times during the race. Treat other participants, race officials, race marshals, medical staff, traffic enforcers, and spectators with respect and courtesy before, during and after the race.
(14) Participants shall refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including the improper use of language or conduct directed toward another participant, race official, race marshal, medical staff or traffic enforcer.
(15) Any protest relating to race results must be submitted in writing to the Race Director within one hour of the final race cutoff.
(16) In case of severe weather on race day, XTERRA Taiwan reserves the right to make the necessary adjustments to the race course to ensure the safety of all participants. These decisions will be made on race morning and announced at transition and the swim start.
(17) XTERRA Taiwan reserves the right to make rule changes at any time provided all athletes are notified on the event website and at the pre-race athlete briefing on Friday, March 25, 16:00-17:00.
(1) Violators will be disqualified and withdrawn from the race.
A. Receive food or beverage from others that are not officially approved.
B. Fail to abide by the directions given by the race marshals.
C. Not wearing the XTERRA event issued swim cap.
D. Not wearing a helmet or not putting on the bike/ helmet stickers.
E. Not wearing the race number bib on the front.
F. Race with any vehicle other than bikes, such as skates, skateboards or scooters.
G. The race is chip-timed. Athletes must attach their timing chip according to the official athlete guide. If there is no start, finish or checkpoint timing record, the athlete will be disqualified. No certificate will be issued.
H. Before entering the finish area, the marshals will check the race number bib, timing chip and wristband. Running on behalf of others, disrespecting race marshals and any conduct violating the race rules will result in disqualification. Protests will not be accepted.
I. There will be recording equipment at the start, finish and checkpoints. Should a dispute arise regarding race results on or after the race day, the event organiser will have access to the recordings.
(2) Violators will be disqualified, banned from the XTERRA Taiwan race for three years and listed on the official XTERRA website.
A. No assistance other than that offered by race and medical officials may be used.
B. Not racing in the registered name or group.
C. Unsportsmanlike-Like Conduct: Foul, harsh, argumentative or abusive language or other unsportsmanlike conduct directed at race officials, volunteers, spectators or fellow athletes is forbidden.
5. Cut-off Times
|Category / Time||Swim||MTB||Run|
(1) On-site check-in only.
(2) Location: Kenting Youth Activity Centre
(3) Time: 3/25(Fri.) 13:00 – 18:00
A. Valid identification must be provided during check-in.
B. Please ensure that the contents of your race package & your timing chip data are correct.
C. Failure to complete check-in in time results in automatic disqualification.
(4) Proxy check-in: The proxy should present a valid ID of the athlete and fill in the proxy declaration form.
(5) Athlete/ Proxies check in must check the race packs on-site. Any lost items will not be redistributed once they have departed the check-in area
7. Bike Inspection: Check-in
(1) Location: Kenting Youth Activity Centre (T1)
(2) Time: 3/25 (Fri.) 13:00-19:00
(3) Bike Inspection Procedure
Before making your way to the transition area, please check to make sure that you have all of the items below:
A. When checking your bike in, please show your race number bib, bike & safety helmet (with race number stickers already attached).
B. If you need to adjust your bike, there will be bike mechanics on-site.
C. Bikes must be placed on each competitor's assigned rack. Please remember the location of your bike on the bike rack. Safety helmets should be placed on the bike. Other race related equipment, including cleats, sports glasses, protective gear, etc. should be placed in transition bags.
* Please Note:
1. When entering the transition area, please put your helmet on and fasten the buckle to prepare for inspection.
2. Competitors are not allowed to enter the transition area at any time other than the open hours.
3. Please do not leave your personal belongings in the transition area.
4. After leaving the transition area, competitors will have their race numbers checked and recorded by the staff.
5. In case of rain, safety helmets can be placed inside the transition area during open hours on the day of the race.
8. Bike Check-out:
(1) Location: T1 (Kenting Youth Activity Centre Parking Lot)
(2) For identification, please show your wristband, arm tattoo and/or race bib. After signing the release form, you can collect your bike. Bikes cannot be collected outside of the open hours, so please make sure to come during the designated hours only.
(3) After collecting your bike, event staff will take a picture of you and your equipment when leaving the transition area for proof of collection.
9. MTB Rental
Our sponsor SYB support MTB rental
10. Timing System
(1) When checking-in, athletes will receive a timing chip. All participants must return their timing chips at the exit of the finish area. Those who do not return their timing chips will be charged NT$1,000.
(2) Timing Chip Placement: please read the athlete guide or follow the instruction of the staff.
(3) The official start time will be the gun time. The race result will be based on the time when the athlete passes the timing mat at the finish line. The split times will be shown on the electronic certificate.
(4) Athletes must pass the timing mats throughout the racecourse. If there is no start, finish or checkpoint timing record, the athlete will be disqualified. No certificate will be issued.
(1) Bike Transport: T2 > T1
All bikes belonging to competitors that have completed the race will be delivered from T2 back to T1 by vehicle. To ensure both parties' rights are protected, registered competitors agree to allow the event organisers to move & handle their bikes in a reasonable manner for logistics purposes only.
(2) Bike Course Pre-ride
Please be mindful of one’s own safety. Bring along a mobile phone and supplies. Do not ride outside of open hours.
A. Make sure you can physically cover the distances in each leg of your triathlon. The race marshals and medical personnel have the right to stop the athlete from racing. No protest will be accepted.
B. If you have ever experienced the following conditions or diseases, you are within the high risk group for sudden death. Please consult a doctor for their professional opinion and refrain from attending the race against their recommendation. Unspecified chest pains, unspecified causes of breathing difficulties, dizziness from unknown causes, sudden loss of consciousness, high blood pressure, heart disease, renal dysfunction, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, have a family history of heart disease, or epilepsy.
(1) This event provides competitors with public accident insurance (all terms and details of the insurance are as detailed in the contract with the insurance company), the coverage range includes the inside of the competition venue, and includes competitors, staff, and spectators. Competitors are also encouraged to take out additional insurance as needed.
(2) In the event of a force majeure, such as a typhoon before the competition, the event organiser has the right to decide whether or not to cancel the event or change the routes for the safety of the competitors. The event organisers will announce any such changes publicly & immediately.
(3) Participants must follow the directions placed along the race routes and abide any traffic rules or instructions from traffic controllers. All traffic signs must also be followed. Please pay attention to road and traffic conditions throughout the duration of the race as well as before and after.
(4) Please fill in the registration forms carefully, you will be responsible for any loss of insurance coverage due to incorrect information written on your registration form.
(5) Public Accident Insurance Coverage: If while under insurance coverage, an accident involving the insured person results in the injury, loss of property, or disability of a third-person, the insured shall be liable for the damages. Under these circumstances, when the insured files for compensation with the insurance company, the insurance company's coverage plan includes the following:
A. Up to NT$5 million for each injury, or disability.
B. For all additional every accidents resulting in bodily harm, or disability: NT$50 million.(Total).
C. For every accident involving loss of property: NT$5 million
D. Maximum compensation for accidents occurring during the duration of the coverage plan: NT$110 million..
Special Terms & Conditions Not Covered
(1) Sports injuries resulting from personal illnesses.
(2) Symptoms resulting from personal conditions or cardiovascular disease such as shock, heart diseases, diabetes, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, mountain sickness, epilepsy, dehydration, etc., the insurance company is not responsible for injuries caused by personal illnesses. The public accident insurance plan only covers injury due to outside factors.
(3) If a competitor has a history of illness and disease as described in the second provision, it is recommended that they carefully consider his or her own safety and the purchasing of personal accident insurance.
(4) If you have ever experienced the following conditions or diseases, you are within the high risk group for sudden death. Please consult a doctor for their professional opinion and refrain from attending the race against their recommendation.Unspecified chest pains, unspecified causes of breathing difficulties, dizziness from unknown causes, sudden loss of consciousness, high blood pressure, heart disease, renal dysfunction, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, have a family history of heart disease, or epilepsy.
(1) The event organisers will assist competitors that experience bodily harm or loss of property during the course of the competition in receiving insurance compensation, unless the competitor has already obtained compensation from another claim or is not eligible for compensation for any reasons as specified in the insurance contract.
(2) In these circumstances, the competitor may not file for damages or request compensation from the event organisers in any way.
(3) By completing registration for the race, competitors agree to abide by all provisions and rules set for this event by the event organisers.
If you have any questions, please contact XTERRA Taiwan:
EMAIL: info [at] xterrataiwan.com
|Off-Road Triathlon (Individual) / Early Bird||US $300 / US $270|
|Off-Road Triathlon (Relay) / Early Bird||US $600 / US $540|
|Off-Road Duathlon (Individual) / Early Bird||US $250 / US $225|
|29K Trail Run / Early Bird||US $110 / US $100|
|12K Trail Run / Early Bird||US $85 / US $75|
|5K Trail Run / Early Bird||US $60 / US $50|
Kenting Youth Activity Centre
+886 08-886 1221
ktyac [at] cyc.tw
KYAC is the XTERRA Taiwan off-road festival event compound and expo venue. Designed by the Maestro architect, Han Bao-De, it is known for its beautiful Minnan style architecture.
Caesar Park Hotel Kenting
+886 08-886 1888 尤絲小姐
yusi [at] caesarpark.com.tw
When the Caesar Park Hotel – Kenting first opened over 20 years ago, it was the only five-star hotel located in a national park in Taiwan. It was all a rage and people visited Kenting just to stay one night at the Caesar Park Hotel. Two decades on, the Caesar Park Hotel has a brand-new look, with Balinese-style luxury villas and outstanding décor. Friendly and considerate hotel staff always greet the visitors with great hospitality. Address: No.6, Kending Rd., Hengchun Township, Pingtung County, Taiwan
Howard Hotels - Kenting
+886 08-886 2324#2538 陳芳萍小姐
ling-kt [at] howard-hotels.com.tw
Howard Beach Resort Kenting is located in the beautiful Kenting National Park, neighboring Mt. Dajian and Mt. Siaojian, with the Kenting Ranch sitting next to it. It has 405 spacious guest rooms, banquet hall with a seating capacity of 950. Enjoy a variety of specialty cuisines, recreational facilities and stress-free stay. Address: No.2, Kending Rd., Hengchun Township, Pingtung County, Taiwan
FULLON RESORT KENTING
rsvn_kd [at] fullon-hotels.com.tw
“Surrounded by mountains and seas, The beauty of Fullon” Located in the Kenting National Park, the Fullon Hotel Kenting seats on top of the Dayuan Mountain and oversees the vast Bashi Channel in its 5 hectares of site area.
EMAIL: info [at] xterrataiwan.com