Kenting National Park (map)
Set entirely within Kenting National Park, the XC course stretches across 30 kilometers of pristine natural landscape. It presents a blend of demanding hill climbs and riverbeds, catering to riders seeking power and strength. It offers exhilarating downhill sections that reward those with the speed and technical prowess to navigate the rocky segments within the tropical forests.
Awards are given to the Top 3 overall finishers for Male and Female.
All XTERRA Taiwan races are payable in $ USD
Online payment with credit card (VISA/ MasterCard/ JCB) is available.
Registration ends on December 31st, 2023. All participants will be charged Early Bird registration fees until August 13th.
Athletes must be at least 15 years old in order to participate.
Participants only race with Mountain Bike such as cross-country (XC), enduro, all-mountain...etc. Gravel and BMX ARE NOT allowed for the race.
(1) Race numbers and race registration and non-transferable. Participants found racing under a different name will be disqualified.
(2) It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure all race gear.
(3) Only participants wearing an XTERRA Taiwan wristband and race officials will be allowed to enter the Start Area. No family members, personal bike mechanics or photographers without credentials will be allowed at any time.
(4) If for any reason a participant cannot finish the race, they must report to the finish line area and return their timing chip. This will result in a DNF (did not finish) result.
(5) Littering on the bike course is prohibited. Any item that needs to be discarded, including water bottles, gel wrappers, energy bar wrappers, broken bike parts, inner tubes, or clothing items, can only be discarded at aid / hydration stations.
(6) All medical expenses incurred during the course of the race or as a result of the race, are the sole responsibility of the participant.
(7) MP3 players or any kind of personal music / listening devices with headset are not allowed at any time during the race. Use of a headset will result in disqualification.
(8) Consider the safety of yourself and other participants at all times during the race. Treat other participants, race officials, race marshals, medical staff, traffic enforcers, and spectators with respect and courtesy before, during and after the race.
(9) Participants shall refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including the improper use of language or conduct directed toward another participant, race official, race marshal, medical staff or traffic enforcer.
(10) Any protest relating to race results must be submitted in writing to the Race Director within one hour of the final race cutoff.
(11) In case of severe weather on race day, XTERRA Taiwan reserves the right to make the necessary adjustments to the race course to ensure the safety of all participants. These decisions will be made on race morning and announced at the transition area.
(12) XTERRA Taiwan reserves the right to make rule changes at any time provided all athletes are notified on the event website and at the pre-race athlete Q&A on March 22nd (Fri), 16:00-17:00.
(1) Violators will be disqualified and withdrawn from the race:
A. Receive food or beverage from others that are not officially approved.
B. Fail to abide by the directions given by the race marshals.
C. Not wearing a helmet or not putting on the bike/ helmet stickers.
D. Race with any vehicle other than bikes, such as skates, skateboards or scooters.
E. The race is chip-timed. Athletes must attach their timing chip according to the official athlete guide. If there is no start, finish or checkpoint timing record, the athlete will be disqualified. No certificate will be issued.
F. Before entering the finish area, the marshals will check the race number bib, and timing chip. Biking on behalf of others, disrespecting race marshals and any conduct violating the race rules will result in disqualification. Protests will not be accepted.
G. There will be recording equipment at the start, finish and checkpoints. Should a dispute arise regarding race results on or after the race day, the event organiser will have access to the recordings.
(2) Violators will be disqualified, banned from the XTERRA Taiwan race for three years and listed on the official XTERRA website:
A. No assistance other than that offered by race and medical officials may be used.
B. Not racing in the registered name or group.
C. Unsportsmanlike-Like Conduct: Foul, harsh, argumentative or abusive language or other unsportsmanlike conduct directed at race officials, volunteers, spectators or fellow athletes is forbidden.
(1) When checking-in, athletes will receive a timing chip. All participants must return their timing chips at the exit of the finish area. Those who do not return their timing chips will be charged NT$3,600.
(2) Timing Chip Placement: please read the athlete guide or follow the instruction of the staff.
(3) The official start time will be the gun time. The race result will be based on the time when the athlete passes the timing mat at the finish line. The split times will be shown on the electronic certificate.
(4) Athletes must pass the timing mats throughout the racecourse. If there is no start, finish, or checkpoint timing record, the athlete will be disqualified. No certificate will be issued.
(1) Bike Course Pre-ride
Please be mindful of one’s own safety. Bring along a mobile phone and supplies. Do not ride outside of open hours.
A. Make sure you can physically cover the distances in each leg of your triathlon. The race marshals and medical personnel have the right to stop the athlete from racing. No protest will be accepted.
B. If you have ever experienced the following conditions or diseases, you are within the high risk group for sudden death. Please consult a doctor for their professional opinion and refrain from attending the race against their recommendation. Unspecified chest pains, unspecified causes of breathing difficulties, dizziness from unknown causes, sudden loss of consciousness, high blood pressure, heart disease, renal dysfunction, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, have a family history of heart disease, or epilepsy.
(1) This event provides competitors with public accident insurance (all terms and details of the insurance are as detailed in the contract with the insurance company), the coverage range includes the inside of the competition venue, and includes competitors, staff, and spectators. Competitors are also encouraged to take out additional insurance as needed.
(2) In the event of a force majeure, such as a typhoon before the competition, the event organizer has the right to decide whether or not to cancel the event or change the routes for the safety of the competitors. The event organizers will announce any such changes publicly & immediately.
(3) Participants must follow the directions placed along the race routes and abide any traffic rules or instructions from traffic controllers. All traffic signs must also be followed. Please pay attention to road and traffic conditions throughout the duration of the race as well as before and after.
(4) Please fill in the registration forms carefully, you will be responsible for any loss of insurance coverage due to incorrect information written on your registration form.
(5)Public Accident Insurance Coverage: If while under insurance coverage, an accident involving the insured person results in the injury, loss of property, or disability of a third-person, the insured shall be liable for the damages. Under these circumstances, when the insured files for compensation with the insurance company, the insurance company's coverage plan includes the following:
A. Up to NT$5 million for each injury, or disability.
B. For all additional every accidents resulting in bodily harm, or disability: NT$50 million.(Total).
C. For every accident involving loss of property: NT$5 million
D. Maximum compensation for accidents occurring during the duration of the coverage plan: NT$110 million..
*Special Terms & Conditions Not Covered
(1) Sports injuries resulting from personal illnesses.
(2) Symptoms resulting from personal conditions or cardiovascular disease such as shock, heart diseases, diabetes, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, mountain sickness, epilepsy, dehydration, etc., the insurance company is not responsible for injuries caused by personal illnesses. The public accident insurance plan only covers injury due to outside factors.
(3) If a competitor has a history of illness and disease as described in the second provision, it is recommended that they carefully consider his or her own safety and the purchasing of personal accident insurance.
(4) If you have ever experienced the following conditions or diseases, you are within the high risk group for sudden death. Please consult a doctor for their professional opinion and refrain from attending the race against their recommendation.Unspecified chest pains, unspecified causes of breathing difficulties, dizziness from unknown causes, sudden loss of consciousness, high blood pressure, heart disease, renal dysfunction, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, have a family history of heart disease, or epilepsy.
The event organisers will assist competitors that experience bodily harm or loss of property during the course of the competition in receiving insurance compensation, unless the competitor has already obtained compensation from another claim or is not eligible for compensation for any reasons as specified in the insurance contract. In these circumstances, the competitor may not file for damages or request compensation from the event organisers in any way.
By completing registration for the race, competitors agree to abide by all provisions and rules set for this event by the event organizers.
If you have any questions, please contact XTERRA Taiwan:
For news, event updates, stories and more.