Apr 23-24 2022
Austin, TX, US
World Champion slots: 26
Everything is bigger in Texas, including XTERRA Texas Trail Run Series. The comprehensive race schedule visits a number of cities from Austin to Waco, so you can experience more of the trails and the XTERRA lifestyle.
Runners will be exposed to seasonal and sometimes crazy weather in the series which starts in the spring and ends in the summer. Runners should be prepared for any type of weather as Texas is known for its blazing hot days, but it's no stranger to temperatures in the 40s.
Overall standings for the Texas Series will be updated after each race. The top runners in each respective age group will earn points at each race toward the overall standings. At the conclusion of the series, the top runner in each age group will be declared a Texas Series Champion.
The more races you enter, the better your chances are of winning an age-group championship.
1. XTERRA Racing Age is the age you will be on 12/31/22.
XTERRA Trail Run Series age groups: <9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+, Physically Challenged.
2. Enter as many XTERRA Trail Runs as you can – In order to be eligible for the XTERRA Regional Champion title for your age group, you must compete in at least two trail runs within a given series. You should run in as many events within the regional series as possible to score maximum points.
If your regional series consists of 3 races, all 3 races will count towards your points
If your regional series consists of 4 or more races, we will drop one of the events from your score:
It’s not mandatory that you race in all events in your Series, but your chances of winning the region are much better if you do. You will be allocated “0” points for races in your Series that you do not enter.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If there are two race distances offered on the same day, only the longer distance event counts for points. For example, if there is a 5k and a 15k race on the same day, only the 15k will count for points. Exception: All races 21km and over will receive points. For example, if there is a 21km and a 42km race, both will get points.
3. Accumulate Points –Points are awarded to the top 15 finishers in each age group. Please see the points breakdown below. Current standings will be posted after each event. Points stay within the region you raced in and do not transfer (For example – if you won XTERRA ATX Trail Run you’d get 100 points in the Texas Series. Then you won the XTERRA Black Canyon Trail Run and earned 100 points in Arizona Series. You would have 100 points in each Series).
XTERRA TRAIL RUN SERIES POINTS- awarded to each age group
4. Count ‘em Up! – The athlete with the most points- by gender and age group- after the last race in the Series earns the title of XTERRA Trail Run Series Champion and earns free entry into another XTERRA trail run (TBD).
6. Tie Breakers – Ties in point standings will be settled by: