XTERRA Shepaug Trail Run - 10/25/50/80K
Bridgwater, CT, US
It's no surprise that the XTERRA Northeast Trail Run Series is one of the toughest. You have to be hardy to live in the Northeast, so XTERRA has races - and ultra distances - to match the scrappy spirit of New Englanders and Upstaters.
The series kicks off in Bridgewater, CT on March 24th with the XTERRA Shepaug Run Raiser. You can choose between the 10K, 25K, 50K, and 80K distances.
Next up is the XTERRA Wawayanda Trail Run in Hewitt, NJ on May 12th followed by the XTERRA Steep Rock Trail Run in Washington, CT on August 4th. Both races have 10K, 25K, and 50K courses and the XTERRA Steep Rock Trail Run also features an 80K race.
Points will be given for the 25K, 50K and the 80K distances. The top three races will count for each runner, and the top athlete in each age group and the end of the series will be rewarded with free entry to the XTERRA Trail Running National Championship in Ogden, UT on September 15th.
XTERRA Shepaug Trail Run - 10/25/50/80K
Bridgwater, CT, US
XTERRA Wawayanda Trail Run - 10/25/50K
Hewitt, NJ, US
XTERRA Steep Rock Trail Run - 10/25/50/80K
Washington Depot, CT, US
1. NEW FOR 2018! XTERRA Racing Age is the age you will be on August 31st of the series season. (The old date was December 31.) We need to fix a firm age for the year so people won’t race in January at one age and in August at another if they have a birthday in-between. For example: If you are 29 in Feb, but turn 30 on Aug. 20th, you will be racing in the 30-34 division all season.
XTERRA Trail Run Series age groups: <9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+, Physically Challenged.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Races scheduled after September 1, will become part of the following year’s XTR Series.
2. Enter as many XTERRA Trail Runs as you can – In order to be eligible for the XTERRA Regional Champion title for your age group, you must compete in at least two trail runs within a given series. You should run in as many events within the regional series as possible to score maximum points.
If your regional series consists of 3 races, all 3 races will count towards your points
If your regional series consists of 4 or more races, we will drop one of the events from your score:
It’s not mandatory that you race in all events in your Series, but your chances of winning the region are much better if you do. You will be allocated “0” points for races in your Series that you do not enter.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If there are two race distances offered on the same day, only the longer distance event counts for points. For example, if there is a 5k and a 15k race on the same day, only the 15k will count for points. Exception: All races 21km and over will receive points. For example, if there is a 21km and a 42km race, both will get points.
3. Accumulate Points –Points are awarded to the top 15 finishers in each age group. Please see the points breakdown below. Current standings will be posted after each event. Points stay within the region you raced in and do not transfer (For example – if you won XTERRA Thrill in the Hills you’d get 100 points in the Georgia Series. Then you won the XTERRA Mission Gorge Trail Run and earned 100 points in SoCal Series. You would have 100 points in each Series).
XTERRA TRAIL RUN SERIES POINTS- awarded to each age group
4. Count ‘em Up! – The athlete with the most points- by gender and age group- after the last race in the Series earns the title of XTERRA Trail Run Series Champion and earns free entry into the XTERRA National Championship in Ogden, Utah in September. Series Champs can also race for free in the 5k or 10k offered at Nationals if they wish, but only the 21km is considered the national championship race.
6. Tie Breakers – Ties in point standings will be settled by:
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR XTERRA TRAIL RUNNING NATIONALS
The XTERRA Trail Running National Championship at Ogden, Utah, is open to runners of all ages and skill levels, even those who do not compete in a regional series during the year. There is no qualifying process. However, only the regional champions are eligible to receive a free entry to nationals.
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR XTERRA TRAIL RUNNING WORLDS
The XTERRA Trail Running World Championship at Kualoa Ranch, Oahu, Hawaii, is open to runners of all ages and skill levels, even those who do not compete in a regional series during the year. There is no qualifying process.
If it’s not necessary to qualify for Nationals or Worlds, why set a qualifying standard?
Couple of reasons. 1) We wanted to recognize those runners that completed a half-marathon in the time allotted because that’s a great achievement 2) We wanted to tie-in all the half-marathons (your race leads to U.S. Nationals and all of them lead to Worlds) so by the time we get to Worlds we’ll have this great international field of runners with good vibes and great competition 3) Because this is just year nine of the Series, and we believe someday the demand will be such that we’ll have to limit the number of runners in the Championship races (understand that at some parks there are limits to the # of participants you’re allowed to put on a trail). When this happens, qualifying for the Championship races will be necessary.
It's XTERRA Kids Day in South Africa, and the future looks bright as 458 young guns took to the water’s edge of Eikenhof Dam at the Elgin-Grabouw Country Club today. “The Fedhealth XTERRA Kids Race...
Keith Kilgore has been driving his sons to races for years. Last year he took them to XTERRA Panther Creek and flew them to the XTERRA Trail Run National Championship in Utah. “I tell them, ‘Here a...
2017 XTERRA Texas Trail Run Regional Champ Trisha Stavinoha has maxed out just about all of her PT tests while serving in the Army, which is no easy feat. “Maxing” refers to getting the maximum amo...
While many XTERRA athletes identify as either a trail runner or a triathlete, at certain times of the season, it doesn’t matter which one you are. Sometimes, whether or not we do one sport or three, w...
Triathletes are always looking for top secret training that will help them get fast and fit quickly. As soon as the new year hits we start to plan out their season and our training. We often set lofty...
On several Fridays a year, Michael Drackert leaves his Kansas City engineering firm, heads home and loads up his van. He drives for hours before pulling into a parking lot to sleep. In the morning, he...
The XTERRA Oak Mountain off-road triathlon and trail running races just got a bonus, Willie Nelson! That's right, THE Willie Nelson is playing alongside Alison Krauss at the Oak Mountain amphitheat...
Imagine a hotel designed with the XTERRA racer in mind, and that’s exactly what you’ll find at the Trails End Hotel in Grabouw, South Africa. Designed by Pieter Silberbauer and Johannes Matthewson,...
Sebastian Kienle, the 2014 Ironman World Champ, is poised to take on Bradley Weiss, the 2017 XTERRA World Champ, at the 15th annual FedHealth XTERRA South Africa off-road triathlon Saturday at the Elg...
The hour-long XTERRA Pan America and World Championship race shows will be broadcast across the U.S. in some key markets this weekend. Denver will air the Maui show at noon on Sunday on KMGH, the A...