Sep 16 2017
Marquette, MI, US
Brand new for the 2018 season, the XTERRA Michigan Trail Run Series will offer the runners of the Great Lakes State three new opportunities for off-road fun.
Kicking off the series is the XTERRA Lake Superior Shore Trail Run in Marquette.
Just two weeks later, the XTERRA Fort Custer Trail Run will heat up the trails in Augusta.
Finally, after a long break, the XTERRA Ionia Trail Run will wrap up the Michigan madness with the season finale.
1. NEW FOR 2018! XTERRA Racing Age is the age you will be on August 31st of the series season. (The old date was December 31.) We need to fix a firm age for the year so people won’t race in January at one age and in August at another if they have a birthday in-between. For example: If you are 29 in Feb, but turn 30 on Aug. 20th, you will be racing in the 30-34 division all season.
XTERRA Trail Run Series age groups: <9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+, Physically Challenged.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Races scheduled after September 1, will become part of the following year’s XTR Series.
2. Enter as many XTERRA Trail Runs as you can – In order to be eligible for the XTERRA Regional Champion title for your age group, you must compete in at least two trail runs within a given series. You should run in as many events within the regional series as possible to score maximum points.
If your regional series consists of 3 races, all 3 races will count towards your points
If your regional series consists of 4 or more races, we will drop one of the events from your score:
It’s not mandatory that you race in all events in your Series, but your chances of winning the region are much better if you do. You will be allocated “0” points for races in your Series that you do not enter.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If there are two race distances offered on the same day, only the longer distance event counts for points. For example, if there is a 5k and a 15k race on the same day, only the 15k will count for points. Exception: All races 21km and over will receive points. For example, if there is a 21km and a 42km race, both will get points.
3. Accumulate Points –Points are awarded to the top 15 finishers in each age group. Please see the points breakdown below. Current standings will be posted after each event. Points stay within the region you raced in and do not transfer (For example – if you won XTERRA Thrill in the Hills you’d get 100 points in the Georgia Series. Then you won the XTERRA Mission Gorge Trail Run and earned 100 points in SoCal Series. You would have 100 points in each Series).
XTERRA TRAIL RUN SERIES POINTS- awarded to each age group
4. Count ‘em Up! – The athlete with the most points- by gender and age group- after the last race in the Series earns the title of XTERRA Trail Run Series Champion and earns free entry into the XTERRA National Championship in Ogden, Utah in September. Series Champs can also race for free in the 5k or 10k offered at Nationals if they wish, but only the 21km is considered the national championship race.
6. Tie Breakers – Ties in point standings will be settled by:
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR XTERRA TRAIL RUNNING NATIONALS
The XTERRA Trail Running National Championship at Ogden, Utah, is open to runners of all ages and skill levels, even those who do not compete in a regional series during the year. There is no qualifying process. However, only the regional champions are eligible to receive a free entry to nationals.
HOW TO QUALIFY FOR XTERRA TRAIL RUNNING WORLDS
The XTERRA Trail Running World Championship at Kualoa Ranch, Oahu, Hawaii, is open to runners of all ages and skill levels, even those who do not compete in a regional series during the year. There is no qualifying process.
If it’s not necessary to qualify for Nationals or Worlds, why set a qualifying standard?
Couple of reasons. 1) We wanted to recognize those runners that completed a half-marathon in the time allotted because that’s a great achievement 2) We wanted to tie-in all the half-marathons (your race leads to U.S. Nationals and all of them lead to Worlds) so by the time we get to Worlds we’ll have this great international field of runners with good vibes and great competition 3) Because this is just year nine of the Series, and we believe someday the demand will be such that we’ll have to limit the number of runners in the Championship races (understand that at some parks there are limits to the # of participants you’re allowed to put on a trail). When this happens, qualifying for the Championship races will be necessary.
Sam Osborne and Suzie Snyder grabbed the headlines for winning the elite races at the XTERRA Oak Mountain off-road triathlon on May 18, 2019 in Shelby County, Alabama, but behind them hundreds of amat...
After three races in southern Europe, the European Tour moves north to the Italian lakes and the town of Toscolano Maderno, on the western shores of Lake Garda. Sunday’s race will be the secon...
(Shelby County, AL) – XTERRA Global LLC, owners and producers of the XTERRA World Tour, donated $2,000 on behalf of the XTERRA community to the Birmingham Urban Mountain Pedalers (BUMP) on Saturday, M...
In 2019 XTERRA Global, LLC, is joining forces with the National Forest Foundation, the nonprofit partner of the U.S. Forest Service, to promote the health and public enjoyment of the 193-million-acre ...
Robert Corey from Birmingham, Alabama and Lesley Paterson from Stirling, Scotland captured the XTERRA Oak Mountain 21K titles on a beautiful morning at Oak Mountain State Park in Shelby County, Alabam...
Sam Osborne from Rotorua, New Zealand and Suzie Snyder from Reno, Nevada won the 14th annual XTERRA Oak Mountain off-road triathlon elite titles at Oak Mountain State Park in Shelby County, Alabama on...
Rui Dolores from Portugal and Maria Doring from Germany captured the fifth annual XTERRA Malta off road triathlon elite titles with winning time of 2:24:39 and 3:16:33, respectively, on Saturday May 1...
The XTERRA Pan American Pro Series touches down in the U.S. for the first time this season at its familiar stomping grounds in the forests of Oak Mountain State Park in Shelby County, Alabama. Satu...
By Alexandra Borrelly Lebrun Racing began many weeks ago and the race season is now in full swing. With very close racing week after week, your recovery is very important. Now is the perfect time t...
The 13th edition of XTERRA France will take place July 7, 2019 in Xonrupt. While it’s the ninth race on the XTERRA European Tour, it’s the first Gold-level event so we’ll see the sports’ biggest stars...