Kunming Trail Run
Kunming Trail Run
August 14, 2021
Kunming, China Kunming, China
The 2021 XTERRA Kunming event has been cancelled. For more information, contact us at xterra.china [at] xterraplanet.com.
ABOUT Stay Connected With Updates
The 2021 XTERRA Kunming Off-road Triathlon and Trail Run Event scheduled for Aug. 14-15, 2021 has been cancelled according to the《Notice on Suspending Related Sports Activities》 issued by the General Administration of Sport of China on May 28. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We appreciate your understanding and continuous support for XTERRA. Race safety is always our priority. Home is the final destination.
Please arrange your personal travel plan in time. Again, we apologize again for any inconvenience caused & thank you for your support and understanding.
WHAT: XTERRA Kunming Trail Run
WHERE: Kunming, China (map it)
Register through WeChat by scanning the image above.
XTERRA Kunming sits at an average altitude of 2,000 meters.
Athletes will enjoy a typical XTERRA outdoor adventure by biking through the dramatic mountain terrain, traversing the sea of purple sage flowers, as well as get a bird's eye view of the beautiful azure Yangzong Lake & the centuries-old Yunnan-Vietnam Railway.
Runners will enjoy the 5/10/25k trail runs.
XTERRA Kunming Trail Run: 5/10/25km
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
We will refund all registered athletes (including the 2020 rolled-over and the 2021 new registered) with the full registration fee. The refunding process will be completed before June 25, 2021:
- 2020 Active rolled-over athletes：XTERRA Custom Service will contact you via email or mobile phone to get your Alipay account info for the refund. The full registration fee together with the Active processing fee will be refunded to you via Alipay. Please keep the mobile phone that you used when you signed up for the race unplugged.
- 2021 new registered athletes: you will receive a full refund on the registration fee returning to the original payment account.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
FRIDAY, AUGUST 13
SATURDAY, AUGUST 14
Trail Run (25/10/5K)
Triathlon Race Briefing and Registration
SUNDAY, AUGUST 15
Off-road Triathlon (Full/Sprint/Relay)
Athlete's Award Dinner
*Remarks: Detailed timing, events, and venue are to-be-advised.
1. Shoes and shirt / top are required at all times on the run course.
2. Race number must be clearly visible on the front of the runner at all times. A race belt may be used to secure the race number. Failure to wear a race number on the run will result in disqualification.
3. A runner may run or walk to complete the course.
4. Outside assistance from a non-participant or spectator is not allowed at any time on the run course. This means no receiving food, hydration, water/ice/sponges for cooling off from any person not directly involved in the event.
5. Pacing from a non-participant or any kind of motorized vehicle is not allowed at any time on the run course.
6. No individual or team support vehicle may follow runners around the course.
7. Participants must give way to medical and emergency personnel at all times on the run course regardless of their race standing.
8. Respect local traffic rules and other vehicles on the road at all times.
9. Short-cutting and/or cutting trail switchbacks or any part of the course is not permitted and may result in disqualification. A runner is required to stay on the designated trail that is marked and or specified as the racecourse. It is the runner's responsibility to know the designated racecourse. Lack of tape or barrier on the course will not be constituted as an excuse for cutting course.
10. Runners must complete the entire run course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
1. If for any reason a participant cannot finish the race, they must report to the finish line area and return their timing chip. This will result in a DNF (did not finish) result.
2. Littering on the run and bike course is prohibited. Any item that needs to be discarded, including water bottles, gel wrappers, energy bar wrappers, broken bike parts, inner tubes, or clothing items, can only be discarded at aid/hydration stations.
3. In the transition area, it is the responsibility of the participant to ensure all race gear is their respective race baskets/boxes/bags.
4. Only participants wearing an XTERRA Kunming wristband and race officials will be allowed to enter Transition. No family members, personal bike mechanics, or photographers without credentials will be allowed in Transition at any time.
5. Bikes and bags can only be collected by the PARTICIPANT, family members, support staff, coaches, and drivers will NOT be allowed to collect bikes and bags from transition. Participants will be required to present a race number to the transition marshal as proof of bike ownership.
6. Relay participants must remain in the designated waiting areas in transition and wait for their teammates to arrive. They cannot leave transition unless given permission by a race marshal. Once a relay participant has completed their leg of the race they may leave transition but will not be allowed to return to transition until transition opens for bike and race gear collection.
7. MP3 players or any kind of personal music/listening device with a headset are not allowed at any time during the race. Use of a headset will result in disqualification.
8. Race numbers and race registration CANNOT be transferred. Participants found racing under a different name will be disqualified.
9. RELAY TEAMS can consist of 2-3 participants, a participant from another relay team cannot compete as part of a second relay team. No participant registered as an individual may race as part of a relay team.
10. Consider the safety of yourself and other participants at all times during the race. Treat other participants, race officials, race marshals, medical staff, traffic enforcers, and spectators with respect and courtesy before, during, and after the race.
11. Participants shall refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including the improper use of language or conduct directed toward another participant, race official, race marshal, medical staff or traffic enforcer, and spectators.
12. Any protest relating to race results must be submitted in writing to the Race Director within one hour of the final race cutoff.
13. In case of severe weather on race day, XTERRA Kunming reserves the right to make the necessary adjustments to the racecourse to ensure the safety of all participants.
14. XTERRA China reserves the right to make rule changes at any time provided all athletes are notified on the website and at the pre-race athlete briefing 1-day before the race begins.
Overseas Chinese Town (OCT) Yangzong Lake Resort, Kunming
Known as "Spring City", OCT Yangzong Lake Resort located in Kunming, boasts Spring-like weather all year round. It's a favorable ecotourism spot surrounded by the Yangzong Lake, lush forests, as well as a valley of blooming flowers & diverse cultures. The region is well-known for its mountains, lakes, forests,grasslands and caves. These abundant natural environments provide a uniquely favorable location for all kinds of outdoor sports & activities. It's a truly world-class "base camp" for outdoor sports enthusiasts. The hospitality, beautiful singing & dancing, and simple way-of-life of the 26 ethnic groups in the area is to be admired. Their distinct ethnic characteristics can be seen in their colourful customs, unique diet, gorgeous clothing & stunning architecture.
1. Airport：Kunming Changshui International Airport (KMG)
2. Railway Station：Kunming South Railway Station
3. Shuttle Bus service will be provided from KMG Airport & Kunming South Railway Station to Yunnan OCT QunYinghui Resort Hotel. More details coming soon.
Hotel information coming soon.
Contact Email: xterra.china [at] xterraplanet.com