Mar 6 - May 31
¥788 - ¥1,588
Jun 1 - Aug 20
XTERRA Kunming sits at an average altitude of 2,000 meters. The main event combines a 1.5-kilometre lake swim, followed by a 30-kilometre, two-loop MTB, and a 10-kilometre, two-lap run along beautiful lakefront trails.
Athletes will enjoy a typical XTERRA outdoor adventure by biking through the dramatic mountain terrain, traversing the sea of purple sage flowers, as well as get a bird's eye view of the beautiful azure Yangzong Lake & the centuries-old Yunnan-Vietnam Railway.
XTERRA Kunming offers an elite prize purse of $25,000USD and 51 2019 XTERRA World Championship qualifier slots for amateurs.
XTERRA Kunming will also offer a shorter distance Sprint race - 750-meter for the swim, 15km mountain bike and a 5km trail run.
You can also create a three-person relay team to conquer the Full distance race.
Runners will enjoy the 5/10/20k trail runs.
MTB Riders will compete in the 15k mountain biking.
XTERRA Kunming Off-Road Triathlon:
Full: 1.5-kilometer lake swim, 30-kilometer, two-loop mountain bike and 10-kilometer, two-lap trail run.
Sprint: 750 meter lake swim, 15-kilometer mountain bike and 5-kilometer trail run.
Relay: teams of three people race in the full distance event.
XTERRA Kunming Trail Run: 5/10/20km
XTERRA Kunming Mountain Bike: 15km
Contact Email: xterra.china [at] xterraplanet.com
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Registrations are non-transferable.
Registrations are non-refundable after July 31, 2019.
Requests received on or before July 31, 2019 are eligible for a 50% refund. Athletes who wish to withdraw must do so in writing to the race office via e-mail at xterra.china [at] xterraplanet.com.
The processing fees are non-refundable.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
Bike Course Practice
Swim Course Practice
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21
Morning Trail Run (20/10/5K)
Afternoon MTB (15K)
Triathlon Race Briefing
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
9:00-17:00 Off-road Triathlon (Full/Sprint/Relay)
Evening Athlete’s Award Dinner
Remarks: Detailed timing, events, and venue are to-be-advised.
• Pros race for a $25,000 USD elite purse
• Amateurs battle for 51 slots to the 2019 or 2020 World Championship (see chart below)
Top finishers in the XTERRA Kunming full race are awarded slots to the 2019 or 2020 XTERRA World Championship in Kapalua, Maui based on the following age group allocations.
1. Swimmers must wear the swim cap provided in the race kit. 2.
2. Pro and elite athletes will be positioned in front of age group and relay participants.
3. Any stroke of a forward motion can be used. No participant may use the buoy line to propel themselves forward. This will result in disqualification.
4. Swimmers must have their race number displayed on both upper arms by race officials prior to the start of the swim.
5. Swimmers must complete the entire swim course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
6. Swimmers may not use fins, snorkels, flotation devices, gloves or socks at any time during the swim.
7. No individual escorts or paddlers are allowed at any time during the swim.
8. Swimwear must not cover the neck, extend past the shoulder, or extend past the knees. Swimwear may contain a zipper. A race kit may be worn underneath swimwear.
9. Speed suits are allowed. (Speedsuit must be comprised of 100% textile material such as nylon or lyca and must not included rubberized material such as polyurethane or neoprene. The speedsuit may contain a zipper.)
View list of permitted speed suits.
10. A swimmer experiencing difficulty and in need of assistance shall raise an arm overhead, pump it up and down, and call or seek assistance. A swimmer, who has received assistance, whether voluntary or involuntary, must retire and withdraw from the remainder of the race, unless such assistance did not aid the swimmer in making forward progress. No swimmer shall return to the race if the official rendering assistance requests that the participant withdraws from the race or receives medical assistance.
11. Follow the instructions of race marshals and officials at all times.
1. Mountain bikes are the only type of bike allowed for this race.
** Some additional provisions regarding mountain bikes:
a. No Cyclo-Cross bikes allowed
b. No drop bars or aero bars allowed
c. Bar extensions or grips off the handlebars may not exceed five (5) inches d. All bikes must have 24, 26, 27.5 or 29 inch wheels
d. All bar ends must be securely capped.
2. There will be a mandatory bike check at transition on Saturday.
3. All bikes must be checked in transition before races.
4. Shoes, shirt, and helmets must be worn at all times while on the bike course.
5. Bike numbers must be attached to the front handlebar. (It is not necessary to wear the run number during the bike segment. Mountain Bike numbers are large and obvious; therefore it is not mandatory to wear a run number for identification purposes.)
6. Helmet must be clipped before the bike is removed from the rack in transition and cannot be unclipped until the bike is securely racked till back to transition after completing the bike course.
7. No riding inside transition at any time.
8. Mount and dismount at the designated areas only.
9. Drafting is allowed.
10. Always ride on the right side of the road. Over take on the left and return to the right as soon as it is safe to do so.
11. Passing Etiquette: Slower riders must yield to faster riders. Faster riders must clearly speak a passing command, “Bike!” or “On your left!” when overtaking, and overtaking must be done safely. If two racers are fighting for position, the leading rider need not give up position, but the leading rider may not interfere or impede another rider’s progress.
12. Outside assistance from a non-participant or spectator is not allowed at any time on the bike course. This means no receiving food, hydration, tools, or medical assistance from any person not directly involved in the event. (Example of non-participants: family members, friends, spectators, photographers, personal drivers, coaches.)
13. Pacing from a non-competitor or any kind of motorized vehicle is not allowed at any time on the bike course.
14. Participants may walk their bike if needed but must complete the course with their bike.
15. All participants are responsible for their own bike care, maintenance, and repair. An official technical crew will be roving around the racecourse and may assist with repairs but should not be expected to fix basic flats.
16. A sweeper vehicle will sweep the course starting around 3pm to collect any riders who are unable to complete the course because of exhaustion or mechanical failure. Once a participant rides the sweeper vehicle they will be considered DNF (did not finish).
17. Short-cutting and/or cutting trail switchbacks or any part of the course is not permitted and may result in disqualification. A rider is required to stay on the designated trail that is marked and or specified as the race course. It is the rider's responsibility to know the designated racecourse. Lack of tape or barriers on the course will not constitute an excuse for cutting course violations.
18. Participants shall complete the entire bike course on the same mountain bike they started the bike leg on. Participants must back to transition using the same bike when they left with to be allowed to continue the race. No bicycle parts may be left on the course.
19. Participants must give way to medical and emergency personnel at all times on the bike course regardless of their race standing.
20. Participants must complete the entire bike course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
1. Shoes and shirt / top are required at all times on the run course.
2. Race number must be clearly visible on the front of the runner at all times. A race belt may be used to secure the race number. Failure to wear a race number on the run will result in disqualification.
3. A runner may run or walk to complete the course.
4. Outside assistance from a non-participant or spectator is not allowed at any time on the run course. This means no receiving food, hydration, water/ice/sponges for cooling off from any person not directly involved in the event.
5. Pacing from a non-participant or any kind of motorized vehicle is not allowed at any time on the run course.
6. No individual or team support vehicle may follow runners around the course.
7. Participants must give way to medical and emergency personnel at all times on the run course regardless of their race standing.
8. Respect local traffic rules and other vehicles on the road at all times.
9. Short-cutting and/or cutting trail switchbacks or any part of the course is not permitted and may result in disqualification. A runner is required to stay on the designated trail that is marked and or specified as the racecourse. It is the runner's responsibility to know the designated racecourse. Lack of tape or barrier on the course will not be constituted as an excuse for cutting course.
10. Runners must complete the entire run course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
1. If for any reason a participant cannot finish the race, they must report to the finish line area and return their timing chip. This will result in a DNF (did not finish) result.
2. Littering on the run and bike course is prohibited. Any item that needs to be discarded, including water bottles, gel wrappers, energy bar wrappers, broken bike parts, inner tubes, or clothing items, can only be discarded at aid / hydration stations.
3. In transition area, it is the responsibility of the participant to ensure all race gear is their respective race baskets / boxes / bags.
4. Only participants wearing an XTERRA Kunming wristband and race officials will be allowed to enter Transition. No family members, personal bike mechanics or photographers without credentials will be allowed in Transition at any time.
5. Bikes and bags can only be collected by the PARTICIPANT, family members, support staff, coaches, and drivers will NOT be allowed to collect bikes and bags from transition. Participants will be required to present a race number to the transition marshal as proof of bike ownership.
6. Relay participants must remain in the designated waiting areas in transition and wait for their teammate to arrive. They cannot leave transition unless given permission by a race marshal. Once a relay participant has completed their leg of the race they may leave transition but will not be allowed to return to transition until transition opens for bike and race gear collection.
7. MP3 players or any kind of personal music / listening devices with headset are not allowed at any time during the race. Use of a headset will result in disqualification.
8. Race numbers and race registration CANNOT be transferred. Participants found racing under a different name will be disqualified.
9. RELAY TEAMS can consist of 2-3 participants; a participant from another relay team cannot compete as part of a second relay team. No participant registered as an individual may race as part of a relay team.
10. Consider the safety of yourself and other participants at all times during the race. Treat other participants, race officials, race marshals, medical staff, traffic enforcers, and spectators with respect and courtesy before, during and after the race.
11. Participants shall refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including the improper use of language or conduct directed toward another participant, race official, race marshal, medical staff or traffic enforcer, and spectators.
12. Any protest relating to race results must be submitted in writing to the Race Director within one hour of the final race cutoff.
13. In case of severe weather on race day, XTERRA Kunming reserves the right to make the necessary adjustments to the racecourse to ensure the safety of all participants.
14. XTERRA China reserves the right to make rule changes at any time provided all athletes are notified on the website and at the pre-race athlete
Overseas Chinese Town (OCT) Yangzong Lake Resort, Kunming
Known as "Spring City", OCT Yangzong Lake Resort located in Kunming boasts Spring-like weather all year round. It's a favorable ecotourism spot surrounded by the Yangzong Lake, lush forests as well as a valley of blooming flowers and diverse cultures.
The region is well-known for its mountains, lakes, forests, grasslands and caves. These abundant natural environments provide a uniquely favorable location for all kinds of outdoor sports and activities. It's a truly world-class "base camp" for outdoor sports enthusiasts.
The hospitality, beautiful singing, dancing, and simple way-of-life of the 26 ethnic groups in the area is to be admired. Their distinct ethnic characteristics can be seen in their colorful customs, unique diet, gorgeous clothing and stunning architecture.
1. Airport：Kunming Changshui International Airport （KMG）
2. Railway Station：Kunming South Railway Station
3. Shuttle Bus service will be provided from KMG Airport & Kunming South Railway Station to Yunnan OCT Yangzong Lake Resort. Details will be coming soon.
1. Yunnan OCT QunYinghui Resort Hotel
- Address: Yunnan OCT, Yangzong Lake Scenic Spot Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China
- Tel: +86-871-68389111 ext 222
- Fax: +86-871-68389112
- Web: www.ynoct.com
- Reservation Email: KMWindValley [at] 163.com
- Standard Room Rate: RMB380 / room / night, includes 2 breakfasts
2. Bolian Resorts & SPA
- Address: Yangzong Lake Scenic Spot Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China
- Tel: +86-871-68884999
- Fax: +86-871-67673666
- Web: www.bolianresorts.com
- Reservation Contact: David Nie
- Phone: 18388012501
- Email: david.nie [at] bolianresorts.com
- Deluxe Room (twin/double bed): RMB680 / Room / Night, includes 2 breakfasts
- Lakeview Room (twin/double bed): RMB890 / Room / Night, includes 2 breakfasts
- Lakeview Suite: RMB1380 / Room / Night, includes 2 breakfasts
- Pool Villa (double bed): RMB3300 / Room / Night, includes 2 breakfasts and garden hot spring
- Lakeview Pool Villa (double bed): RMB3600 / Room / Night, includes 2 breakfasts and garden hot spring
- Lakeview 2-Room Pool Villa: RMB7000 / Room / Night, includes 4 breakfasts and garden hot spring
3. Spring City Golf & Lake Resort
- Address: Yangzong Lake Scenic Spot Kunming City, Yunnan Province, China
- Tel: +86-871-67671188
- Fax: +86-871-67671185
- Web: www.springcityresort.com
- Reservation Email: frontoffice [at] springcityresort.com
- Standard Room (double bed): RMB680 / Room / Night, includes 2 breakfasts
- Standard Room (twin): RMB880 / Room / Night, includes 2 breakfasts
- Villa One Bedroom: RMB1380 / Room / Night, includes 2 breakfasts
Remarks：To receive the XTERRA hotel rates, please show 2019 XTERRA Kunming Race registration confirmation email or SMS while
booking the hotel.