ABOUT Stay Connected With Updates
WHAT: XTERRA Italy Molveno
WHEN: October 3-4, 2020
WHERE: Lake Molveno
XTERRA SHORT TRACK Molveno will have two phases; trial qualifications in the morning followed by the finals in the afternoon. (25 men and 20 women racing separately)
The time trial qualifications will take place on a reduced circuit (200m, 4km, 1.5km) with athletes starting 15 seconds apart.
The first 25 men and first 20 women will qualify for the final. This is an OPEN race that allows elite and age-group athletes to qualify for the ELITE final!
The next 26 Male AGE GROUP, and 50 Female AGE GROUP athletes, will qualify for the AG final. Elite registered athletes do not qualify hence there will be a roll down through the AGE GROUP rankings to fill the 21 men’s and 40 women’s race slots. Thus, no Elite registered XTERRA athletes will race in the AGE GROUP final. Again, men and women will race separately.
DISTANCE Qualification: 400m swim, 2km MTB, 200km run.
The super-short track finals for Youth (14-17) and Vip athletes (max 20 men + women) will be on 200m swimming, 4Km (2x2Km) MTB and 1.5Km of running.
Final races will have a mass start. Any athlete that is lapped is automatically eliminated and once passed by the leader will be asked to withdraw.
The course next to Lake Molveno will be made up of short laps, athletes will be negotiating some natural and artificial technical sections or obstacles.
Our goal is to present an exciting racing opportunity for our athletes and with live coverage on big screens, provide an action packed viewing experience for spectators.
Two short laps of 200 meters broken up by an Australian exit (Short beach run before diving into the lake for the second lap). Spectators will be able to follow the swim and see their athletes at all times.
It is a short, tortuous and technical route on the shores of the lake, 2Km to be repeated 4 times for Elite and AG athletes (2 times for Vip and Youth), rock gardens, jumps, ramps, climbs, descents, ford…. a technical challenge for everyone! At each lap, the athletes will pass through the finish area crowded with the public. in the presence of technical passages, the bike route will have a line A (overcoming the obstacle) and a line B to be accessible to all.
Short and winding with tight curves and continuous relaunches, 1.5 km to go completely 1 or 2 times.
Come and experience XTERRA SHORT TRACK. Fast, technical racing with continuous action, great fun for athletes and spectators. This event provides opportunity AGE GROUP athletes to compete with the strongest Elite athletes.
Come to see and participate to the best XTERRA show!!!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
SATURDAY 3th OCTOBER 2020
08:30 – 09:00 Briefing
09:30 – 11:30 time trail qualification
13: 00 - Final AG M short
14: 00 - Final AG W short
15: 00 - Final ELITE W short
16: 00 - Final ELITE M short
21: 30 - XTERRA Party and Awards
SUNDAY 4th OCTOBER 2020
11: 00 - Final Vip super short
12: 00 - Final youth super short (W)
12: 45 - Final youth super short (M)
Program subject to change.
The top 5 men and woman in the XTERRA Molveno Short Track ELITE category will receive a share of $ 6000 USD as follows:
- 1 ° place $ 1.000,00 USD
- 2 ° place $ 750,00 USD
- 3 ° place $ 550,00 USD
- 4 ° place $ 400,00 USD
- 5 ° place $ 300,00 USD
Prize money will be paid in Euros.
The currency exchange on the 1st of February 2020 will apply.
Payments will be made by x-tribe SSD on the dates agreed with Team Unlimited LLC.
Italian and foreign competitive athletes in possession of a medical certificate of competitive fitness for the triathlon that signs the daily membership.
XTERRA OFF-ROAD TRIATHLON RULES
Important: we remind that in order to compete in XTERRA races in Italy you must possess a triathlon national federation card. The athletes who do not possess a license can participate in requiring the daily membership, which will be released presenting a medical certificate of agonistic sporting fitness to triathlon. Foreign athletes must as well present a medical certificate of agonistic sporting fitness to triathlon, which must be made in an authorized Italian center. The foreign athletes who do not possess a national federation card must plan it contacting the organization (info [at] xterra-italy.it).
1. Swimmers must wear the swim cap provided in the race kit.
2. Pro and elite athletes will be positioned in front of age group and relay participants.
3. Any stroke of the forward motion can be used. No participant may use the buoy line to propel themselves forward. This will result in disqualification.
4. Swimmers must have their race number displayed on both upper arms by race officials prior to the start of the swim.
5. Swimmers must complete the entire swim course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
6. Swimmers may not use fins, snorkels, flotation devices, gloves or socks at any time during the swim.
7. No individual escorts or paddlers are allowed at any time during the swim.
8. Swimwear must not cover the neck, extend past the shoulder, or extend past the knees. Swimwear may contain a zipper. A race kit may be worn underneath swimwear.
9. Speed suits are allowed. (Speedsuit must be comprised of 100% textile material such as nylon or lycra and must not include rubberized material such as polyurethane or neoprene. The speed suit may contain a zipper.)
View a list of permitted speed suits.
10. A swimmer experiencing difficulty and in need of assistance shall raise an arm overhead, pump it up and down, and call or seek assistance. A swimmer, who has received assistance, whether voluntary or involuntary, must retire and withdraw from the remainder of the race unless such assistance did not aid the swimmer in making forward progress. No swimmer shall return to the race if the official rendering assistance requests that the participant withdraws from the race or receives medical assistance.
11. Follow the instructions of race marshals and officials at all times.
1. Mountain bikes are the only type of bike allowed for this race.
** Some additional provisions regarding mountain bikes:
a. No Cyclo-Cross bikes allowed
b. No drop bars or aero bars allowed
c. Bar extensions or grips off the handlebars may not exceed five (5) inches d. All bikes must have 24, 26, 27.5 or 29-inch wheels
d. All bar ends must be securely capped.
2. There will be a mandatory bike check at transition on Saturday.
3. All bikes must be checked in transition before races.
4. Shoes, shirts, and helmets must be worn at all times while on the bike course.
5. Bike numbers must be attached to the front handlebar. (It is not necessary to wear the run number during the bike segment. Mountain Bike numbers are large and obvious; therefore it is not mandatory to wear a run number for identification purposes.)
6. Helmets must be clipped before the bike is removed from the rack in transition and cannot be unclipped until the bike is securely racked till back to transition after completing the bike course.
7. No riding inside transition at any time.
8. Mount and dismount at the designated areas only.
9. Drafting is allowed.
10. Always ride on the right side of the road. Overtake on the left and return to the right as soon as it is safe to do so.
11. Passing Etiquette: Slower riders must yield to faster riders. Faster riders must clearly speak a passing command, “Bike!” or “On your left!” when overtaking, and overtaking must be done safely. If two racers are fighting for position, the leading rider need not give up the position, but the leading rider may not interfere or impede another rider’s progress.
12. Outside assistance from a non-participant or spectator is not allowed at any time on the bike course. This means no receiving food, hydration, tools, or medical assistance from any person not directly involved in the event. (Example of non-participants: family members, friends, spectators, photographers, personal drivers, coaches.)
13. Pacing from a non-competitor or any kind of motorized vehicle is not allowed at any time on the bike course.
14. Participants may walk their bikes if needed but must complete the course with their bikes.
15. All participants are responsible for their own bike care, maintenance, and repair. An official technical crew will be roving around the racecourse and may assist with repairs but should not be expected to fix basic flats.
16. A sweeper vehicle will sweep the course starting around 3 pm to collect any riders who are unable to complete the course because of exhaustion or mechanical failure. Once a participant rides the sweeper vehicle they will be considered DNF (did not finish).
17. Short-cutting and/or cutting trail switchbacks or any part of the course is not permitted and may result in disqualification. A rider is required to stay on the designated trail that is marked and or specified as the racecourse. It is the rider's responsibility to know the designated racecourse. Lack of tape or barriers on the course will not constitute an excuse for cutting course violations.
18. Participants shall complete the entire bike course on the same mountain bike they started the bike leg on. Participants must back to transition using the same bike when they left to be allowed to continue the race. No bicycle parts may be left on the course.
19. Participants must give way to medical and emergency personnel at all times on the bike course regardless of their race standing.
20. Participants must complete the entire bike course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
1. Shoes and shirt/top are required at all times on the run course.
2. Race numbers must be clearly visible on the front of the runner at all times. A race belt may be used to secure the race number. Failure to wear a race number on the run will result in disqualification.
3. A runner may run or walk to complete the course.
4. Outside assistance from a non-participant or spectator is not allowed at any time on the run course. This means no receiving food, hydration, water/ice/sponges for cooling off from any person not directly involved in the event.
5. Pacing from a non-participant or any kind of motorized vehicle is not allowed at any time on the run course.
6. No individual or team support vehicle may follow runners around the course.
7. Participants must give way to medical and emergency personnel at all times on the run course regardless of their race standing.
8. Respect local traffic rules and other vehicles on the road at all times.
9. Short-cutting and/or cutting trail switchbacks or any part of the course is not permitted and may result in disqualification. A runner is required to stay on the designated trail that is marked and or specified as the racecourse. It is the runner's responsibility to know the designated racecourse. Lack of tape or barrier on the course will not be constituted as an excuse for cutting course.
10. Runners must complete the entire run course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
1. If for any reason a participant cannot finish the race, they must report to the finish line area and return their timing chip. This will result in a DNF (did not finish) result.
2. Littering on the run and bike course is prohibited. Any item that needs to be discarded, including water bottles, gel wrappers, energy bar wrappers, broken bike parts, inner tubes, or clothing items, can only be discarded at aid/hydration stations.
3. In the transition area, it is the responsibility of the participant to ensure all race gear is their respective race baskets/boxes/bags.
4. Only participants wearing an XTERRA Italy wristband and race officials will be allowed to enter Transition. No family members, personal bike mechanics or photographers without credentials will be allowed in Transition at any time.
5. Bikes and bags can only be collected by the PARTICIPANT, family members, support staff, coaches, and drivers will NOT be allowed to collect bikes and bags from transition. Participants will be required to present a race number to the transition marshal as proof of bike ownership.
6. Relay participants must remain in the designated waiting areas in transition and wait for their teammate to arrive. They cannot leave transition unless given permission by a race marshal. Once a relay participant has completed their leg of the race they may leave transition but will not be allowed to return to transition until transition opens for bike and race gear collection.
7. MP3 players or any kind of personal music/listening devices with headset are not allowed at any time during the race. The use of a headset will result in disqualification.
8. Race numbers and race registration CANNOT be transferred. Participants found racing under a different name will be disqualified.
9. RELAY TEAMS can consist of 2-3 participants; a participant from another relay team cannot compete as part of a second relay team. No participant registered as an individual may race as part of a relay team.
10. Consider the safety of yourself and other participants at all times during the race. Treat other participants, race officials, race marshals, medical staff, traffic enforcers, and spectators with respect and courtesy before, during and after the race.
11. Participants shall refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including the improper use of language or conduct directed toward another participant, race official, race marshal, medical staff or traffic enforcer, and spectators.
12. Any protest relating to race results must be submitted in writing to the Race Director within one hour of the final race cutoff.
13. In case of severe weather on race day, XTERRA Italy reserves the right to make the necessary adjustments to the racecourse to ensure the safety of all participants.
14. XTERRA Italy reserves the right to make rule changes at any time provided all athletes are notified on the website and at the pre-race athlete
XTERRA OPEN WATER SWIM RULES
K3 TRIATHLON S.S.D. sports club organizes the promotional swimming manifestation, called XTERRA SWIM.
Art. 2 – ACCEPTANCE OF THE REGULATION
XTERRA OPEN WATER SWIM will take place according to the following regulation and to further notices which will be published on the official website www.xterra-italy.it and on xterraplanet.com and on the official Facebook page XTERRA ITALY. The participation in the event results in the acceptance of the whole regulation unreservedly from all the people registered to the competition. the contestants are furthermore obliged to respect open water and costal national and regional current legislation. By registering to the competition every contestant commits to respect this regulation and frees the Organization from every penal and civil responsibility, for every kind of incident or accident, for damages to people or goods, caused from the participant or which are caused to the participant, which could happen before, during or after the manifestation.
Art. 3 - COMPETITION
3.000m course to be repeated in a 1.000m circuit three times with the ‘’Australian’’ formula, which consists of getting out of the water and jumping back in after running around 30m on the beach at the end of every lap. The finish line is situated on the mainland about 80 m from the beach. The route is pointed by buoys, which must be surpassed on the left: if not the participant will be disqualified.
Art. 4 - PARTICIPATION
The manifestation is open to everyone, men and women, who are more than 16 years old on the date of the race, who possess a medical health certificate for agonistic sport activity (only Italian athletes) (D.M. 18.02.1982 tab. B), which must be valid on the day of the competition, regardless of their association to sports federation or associations. The foreign participant must present an equivalent certificate. The maximum number of participants is fixed to 300. The underage athletes must present the consent of a parent or the consent of whose present parental rights. The certificate must be sent to the mail address info [at] xterra-italy.it right after completing the registration procedure. Registrations from athletes without a certificate will not be accepted, as well as registrations from athletes who are disqualified for doping in any discipline.
Art. 5 – REGISTRATION FEE REFUND
It is not allowed a registration fee refund in any case.
Art. 6 – ATHLETES MATERIAL
The manifestation is during a time of the year in which Lake temperatures are under 20°C, for this reason, athletes must wear a wetsuit. A service for renting wetsuits is provided (info on www.xterra-italy.it or write to info [at] xterra-italy.it)
Art. 7 – ATHLETES IDENTIFICATION
Every athlete, by presenting a valid identity document with a photograph, will receive individually the detection chip and the silicone swimming cap, these cannot be handed over without a copy of the medical health certificate. The chip must be worn around the ankle, at the discretion of the organization may be asked to place the number of the rear of the hand. Before the start, every athlete must pass on the electronic carpets at the entrance of the closed starting zone in order to be registered, as well as on pass on the electronic carpets on the finish line.
Art. 8 – SAFETY AND MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
a medical station will be set up inside the race area. There will be also doctors and volunteers in the water in order to provide medical assistance. There will be ambulances, civil protection, and doctors on the territory. The official doctors are authorized to suspend every contestant who is judged unsuitable to continue the race, the rescuers are authorized, by using all the means at their disposal, to evacuate the swimmers considered in danger. In case of necessity, the organization will evacuate e rescue the participants considered in danger.
Art. 9 - MEASUREMENT AND TIMES
The measurement of the contents is made through a chip electronic system and electric carpets. Only the contestant wearing a chip will be inserted in the official Chart. the map of the route which will indicate the relevant areas will be published on the website www.xterra-italy.it
Art. 10 – TIME LIMIT
The time limit is established at 1h45min, the athletes who will be still on the route after this time will be considered out of the race and will be invited to get on the organization vehicles. If any participant wants to continue the race over the time limit, he or she will take any responsibility in relation to the consequences which could come. In case of bad weather and/or for safety reasons the organization may reserve to suspend the ongoing race, postpone the start, vary the route or cancel the race, without any notice.
Art. 11 - ABANDONMENT AND WITHDRAWAL
In case of abandonment during the route, the participant must communicate his/her decision to the organization staff present on the route, the staff will take him/her on the beach with suitable means.
Art. 12 – ROUTE CHANGES – COMPETITION CANCELLATION
The organization reserves the right to modify at any time the route or the position of medical and food station, without any notice. In the unfortunate event of bad weather or for any other reason which does not depend on the organization, which may jeopardize the participants' safety, the start may be postponed or cancelled, and the route may be modified or reduced. These changes will be decided by the organization, after having consulted the medical staff and the safety managers.
The changes, the suspension or the cancellation of the race do not provide the right to the refund of the inscription fee.
Art. 13 - ROUTE MAP
The most updated edition route map will be available on the official competition web site www.xterra-italy.it and on xterraplanet.com . Competitors are asked to consult it.
Art. 14 - INSURANCE
The organization takes out civil liability insurance throughout the whole race time. The participation takes place under the full responsibility of the competitors, who renounce to any appeal against the organizers in case of damages and additional consequences that may occur after the race. At the time of the registration, the racer must sign a discharging liability.
Art. 15 - RESULTS AND AWARDS
only the competitors who will reach and be registered at the finish line will be integrated on the chart. A general women and man chart will be composed. The categories and the numbers of awards will be communicated in the previous days. Money awards are not planned.
Art. 16 IMAGE RIGHTS
Every competitor expressly renounces to use image rights during the race as well as to any recourse against the organization, and its Partners qualified for the use made of its image. The insertion of further modification will be pointed out on the section ‘’news’’ on the website www.xterra-italy.it and on xterraplanet.com.
The swimmer or his/her parent/guardian assumes the plain responsibility for the participation. The organizers cannot be held responsible for theft, breaks or incidents before, during and after the event, both in the village area and in the parking areas. The organization is not responsible for incidents that may happen during the race caused by other participants or by meteorological conditions. In addition, the organization does not take responsibility for incidents caused by inefficient, negligence or scarce reporting. The organization ensures that every equipment and safety measure will be taken. To decide if continuing or abandon the race is a participant’s responsibility.
The organization, its sponsors and cooperates do not take any responsibility for the actions made by the swimmer or by their companions, who could lead to complaints /legal actions from the third party.
Molveno is a small town 40 kilometers from Trento with a population of 1000. Located on the shores of the enchanting lake that goes by the same name, surrounded by the Brenta Dolomites, nestled in the Adamello-Brenta Nature Park. In 2019, Lake Molveno won the title of the most beautiful lake in Italy for the sixth time, awarded by the Legambiente and Touring Club Italiano, while the town itself has been awarded the Orange Flag.
What to do besides participating in XTERRA Short Track
If you love sports and leisure, Molveno is the place for you: in the summer you can try windsurfing on the lake, a game of tennis, or an outing by boat or pedalo. Not to mention paragliding, canoeing, stand up paddling, swimming in an Olympic swimming pool, or a walk along the shores of the lake. If, on the other hand, you love hiking or mountain biking, you can follow the Dolomiti di Brenta Trek and Dolomiti di Brenta Bike routes, which will lead you to the heart of the Brenta Dolomites, a UNESCO world heritage site. And then, if you love spending your days at high altitude, from the town, the new cablecar will take you comfortably to the Pradel plateau, where you can find the adventure trails of the Forest Park, which the children will adore.
In winter, on the other hand, you can go skiing in the Fai della Paganella district, or follow the paths of the Adamello Brenta Nature Park with snowshoes.
If, on the other hand, you prefer relaxing, in addition to enjoying the quiet of the large lakeside beach, all year round you can enjoy walks to the mountain dairies or mountain huts and taste the specialties of Trentino, with a view over the Brenta Dolomites, which turn pink at dawn and dusk.
How to get there
If you are traveling by car from the south, on motorway A22 del Brennero, you exit at Trento Nord and then continue towards Mezzolombardo. You then follow the directions for Fai della Paganella, Andalo, and Molveno (you will arrive after 25 kilometers). If you are arriving from the north, on the A22 exit at San Michele all’Adige and follow directions for Mezzolombardo, then Fai della Paganella, Andalo, and Molveno for 25 kilometers. If you are traveling by bus, you can reach Mezzocorona from Trento on line 751, and from here you can reach Lake Molveno with line 611. But there are also other lines that can get you to Molveno: on the Trentino Trasporti website, you will find more precise times and routes. Finally, if you prefer traveling by train, you can reach Trento and take the “Trento-Malè” train to Mezzolombardo, and from here you can travel to Molveno by bus. Nearest airports: Verona Aeroporto Valerio Catullo 1.30h from Molveno.
Organizing company x-tribe
email: info [at] xterra-italy.it
cel: 335 527 8050 Massimo Massacesi
338 484 0535 Alex Miconi