Italy Lake Scanno Trail Run
Italy Lake Scanno Trail Run
July 18, 2020
Lake Scanno Lake Scanno
Due to health and travel concerns related to COVID-19 XTERRA Italy - Scanno has been cancelled. Please join us in 2021! Contact info [at] xterraitaly.it for more information.
ABOUT Stay Connected With Updates
WHAT: XTERRA Italy Lake Scanno Trail Run
WHEN: July 18, 2020 - Cancelled - Join us in 2021!
WHERE: Lake Scanno, Abruzzo
The heart-shaped lake in the mountains of Abruzzo, is the home of the 2nd race of XTERRA in Italy. A race that has built its reputation as one of the hardest in Europe with some steep and long climbs, reaching the ski slopes on top of the mountains of the Abruzzo National Park around the lake. The challenge continues with some demanding downhill trails that will take you to the shores of the beautiful lake to receive your finisher medal. The historical village of Scanno is unique and you will love to walk around its narrow streets that are full of small restaurants, café, and beautiful small shops. Being a winter ski destination it offers a lot of accommodation options and great Italian food.
XTERRA TRAIL RUN
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Up to 4 months before race day: 50% refund of the inscription’s fee
Up to 2 months before race day: 25% refund of the inscription’s fee
After 2 months before the race no refund will be due.
It is not possible to transfer the registration from one athlete to another or to another race or year.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Thursday 16th July
10.00-18.00 Opening of race tracks
Friday 17th July
10.00-18.00 Opening of race tracks
14.30 -17.30 Race Office opening and Athletes registration * at XTERRA Village
14.00-18.00 Expo Area
17.30-18.00 Race Briefing *
18.00 Presentation of elite athletes **
Saturday 18th July
10.00-18.00 Area Expo
11.00-12.30 XTERRA Kids, Award Ceremony follow
14.30-17.30 XTERRA Trail Run Award Ceremony follow
Sunday 19th July
08.00-10.00 Race Office opening and Athletes registration * at XTERRA Village
09.30-10.15 Bike check in XTERRA FULL & SPRINT
10: 00-18: 00 Expo Area
11.00 Departure XTERRA FULL
13.00 Departure XTERRA SPRINT
15.00-19.00 Recovery and Pasta Party
18.00 Award Ceremony and slot assignment for XTERRA Maui
21.00After race XTERRA Party
Q) Who can participate in XTERRA Italy?
Athletes over the age of 16 (only sprint race 18 for the full) are eligible to participate in the event.
In general, anyone can make our races. mothers, fathers, CEOs, teachers, surfers, cyclists ... more or less all with the passion of sport in nature.
Q) Do I need a license to compete?
A) In order to participate to Triathlon events in Italy you must possess a national license of your triathlon federation. The athletes who do not possess a license can participate requiring the daily membership, which will be released presenting a medical certificate of agonistic sporting fitness to triathlon. Foreign athletes must as well present a medical certificate of agonistic sporting fitness to triathlon, which has to be made in an authorized Italian center.
Q) Can foreign athletes obtain the certificate in place?
A) Yes, they can. It will be possible to obtain the certificate on the days before the competition (Friday 22 and Saturday 23). The certificate will be released after a medical visit in a medical center which has an agreement with the organization. For more infos email us at info [at] xterra-italy.it .
Q) What is the cancellation policy?
A) Cancellation of the inscription and/or retirement from the race: Up to 4 months before race day: 50% refund of the inscription’s fee Up to 2 months before race day: 25% refund of the inscription’s fee after 2 months before the race no refund will be due.
It is not possible to transfer the inscription from one athlete to another or to another race or year.
Q) How much is the inscription fee?
A) The info about the inscription fee are available on the website in the registration section.
Q) What is included with the inscription?
- participation to the race
- pasta party
- electrical timing / charts
- refreshments/ energy drinks/ snacks during and after the competition - medal
- XTERRA T-shirt
- possible sponsor gifts
Q) Does the race reserve qualification slots for World Championship?
A) XTERRA ITALY is assigning 51 qualification slots for World Championship in Maui, Hawaii. Slots will be assigned to different age classes, as described in the Premio / Hawaii slot section.
Q) Can we compete a relay race?
A) Yes, you can. A 2/3 athletes’ team can compete as Team Relay only in FULL distance competition. follow the registration procedure and add the name of the team in the specific space.
Important: we remind that in order to compete in XTERRA races in Italy you must possess a triathlon national federation card. The athletes who do not possess a license can participate requiring the daily membership, which will be released presenting a medical certificate of agonistic sporting fitness to triathlon. Foreign athletes must as well present a medical certificate of agonistic sporting fitness to triathlon, which must be made in an authorized Italian center. The foreign athletes who do not possess a national federation card must plan it contacting the organization (info [at] xterra-italy.It).
1. Shoes and shirt / top are required at all times on the run course.
2. Race number must be clearly visible on the front of the runner at all times. A race belt may be used to secure the race number. Failure to wear a race number on the run will result in disqualification.
3. A runner may run or walk to complete the course.
4. Outside assistance from a non-participant or spectator is not allowed at any time on the run course. This means no receiving food, hydration, water/ice/sponges for cooling off from any person not directly involved in the event.
5. Pacing from a non-participant or any kind of motorized vehicle is not allowed at any time on the run course.
6. No individual or team support vehicle may follow runners around the course.
7. Participants must give way to medical and emergency personnel at all times on the run course regardless of their race standing.
8. Respect local traffic rules and other vehicles on the road at all times.
9. Short-cutting and/or cutting trail switchbacks or any part of the course is not permitted and may result in disqualification. A runner is required to stay on the designated trail that is marked and or specified as the racecourse. It is the runner's responsibility to know the designated racecourse. Lack of tape or barrier on the course will not be constituted as an excuse for cutting course.
10. Runners must complete the entire run course unassisted. Failure to complete the course correctly will result in disqualification.
1. If for any reason a participant cannot finish the race, they must report to the finish line area and return their timing chip. This will result in a DNF (did not finish) result.
2. Littering on the run and bike course is prohibited. Any item that needs to be discarded, including water bottles, gel wrappers, energy bar wrappers, broken bike parts, inner tubes, or clothing items, can only be discarded at aid / hydration stations.
3. In transition area, it is the responsibility of the participant to ensure all race gear is their respective race baskets / boxes / bags.
4. Only participants wearing an XTERRA Italy wristband and race officials will be allowed to enter Transition. No family members, personal bike mechanics or photographers without credentials will be allowed in Transition at any time.
5. Bikes and bags can only be collected by the PARTICIPANT, family members, support staff, coaches, and drivers will NOT be allowed to collect bikes and bags from transition. Participants will be required to present a race number to the transition marshal as proof of bike ownership.
6. Relay participants must remain in the designated waiting areas in transition and wait for their teammate to arrive. They cannot leave transition unless given permission by a race marshal. Once a relay participant has completed their leg of the race they may leave transition but will not be allowed to return to transition until transition opens for bike and race gear collection.
7. MP3 players or any kind of personal music / listening devices with headset are not allowed at any time during the race. Use of a headset will result in disqualification.
8. Race numbers and race registration CANNOT be transferred. Participants found racing under a different name will be disqualified.
9. RELAY TEAMS can consist of 2-3 participants; a participant from another relay team cannot compete as part of a second relay team. No participant registered as an individual may race as part of a relay team.
10. Consider the safety of yourself and other participants at all times during the race. Treat other participants, race officials, race marshals, medical staff, traffic enforcers, and spectators with respect and courtesy before, during and after the race.
11. Participants shall refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including the improper use of language or conduct directed toward another participant, race official, race marshal, medical staff or traffic enforcer, and spectators.
12. Any protest relating to race results must be submitted in writing to the Race Director within one hour of the final race cutoff.
13. In case of severe weather on race day, XTERRA Italy reserves the right to make the necessary adjustments to the racecourse to ensure the safety of all participants.
14. XTERRA Italy reserves the right to make rule changes at any time provided all athletes are notified on the website and at the pre-race athlete.
The lake of Scanno, located at 950 meters above sea level surrounded by the Majella National Park and the National Park of Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise, is a natural and unspoiled place famous for its unique atmosphere.
The lake of Scanno is 1 km from the village and if observed from some vantage points you can see its shape of heart.
Scanno, a historic and famous mountain village, classified as one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, is a municipality in the province of L'Aquila located in 1050 mt above sea level in central Italy in the Abruzzo region.
A medieval village that thanks to its evocative atmosphere has been portrayed by famous photographers including Henri Cartier-Bresson, Mario Giacomelli and Gianni Berengo Gardin.
Lake Scanno, which can be reached in just over an hour from both Rome and Pescara along a panoramic highway that crosses the Apennines, has been the heart of XTERRA Italy for several years.
Let's make XTERRA Lake Scanno together!
Become a part of our Volunteers Team and the XTERRA family! You can help in many different fields and enjoy this unique experience.
Contact us at info [at] xterra-italy.it ( ). Every volunteer will receive the ‘’volunteers kit’’
email: info [at] xterraitaly.it
cel: +39 338 484 0535 Alex Miconi