Italy Lake Garda Trail Run
Italy Lake Garda Trail Run
May 22, 2021
Lake Garda Lake Garda
Due to health and travel concerns related to COVID-19, the XTERRA Italy Lake Garda Trail Run has been cancelled. More information coming soon! Contact gardalake [at] xterra-italy.it for more information.
ABOUT Stay Connected With Updates
WHAT: XTERRA Italy Lake Garda Trail Run
WHERE: Lake Garda
Join us for a weekend of sport and entertainment embracing nature on Lake Garda’s Brescian side. XTERRA Lake Garda is the first stage of the prestigious off-road worldwide triathlon circuit in the Italian peninsula. In addition to a challenging competition, Lake Garda creates an outdoor sport venue embracing the race. The village lowers the volume and frenzy of our chaotic world and helps reestablish our connection with earth.
After last year’s success, besides two Cross Triathlon competitions, in Full and Sprint distance, Open Water, Trail Run, and Duathlon Kid will be proposed again.
Trail running competition on the same path faced by the athletes during Sunday competition. The race is composed of 11 km developed between the lakeside and Cartiere’s Valley. The trail offers suggestive landscapes in an immaculate environment to arrive in the cartiere’s Valley; from where the lakeside begins (you may need to wet your feet); the last course starts here: the finale will be quick: who known how to store his energies, will succeed in reach the finish line.
This is a great chance to test the trail for the ones who will be running on Sunday. The finish line is in the XTERRA Village Arena under the stage of the EX CAMPO IPPICO, where the audience will cheer every constant in order to party together with the award ceremony and the musical evening show tasting the food area.
It starts at 20:30.
The real challenge is to manage to get out of the Valley before the dark catches you... Good Luck
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Up to 4 months before race day: 50% refund of the inscription’s fee
Up to 2 months before race day: 25% refund of the inscription’s fee
After 2 months before the race no refund will be due.
It is not possible to transfer the registration from one athlete to another or to another race or year.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday 21st of May
|18:30||Press conference at PIAMARTA RESTORT, via lungolago Zanardelli|
Saturday 22nd of May
|9:00||Opening of XTERRA VILLAGE|
Opening of race office for Open Water Swim
|11:00||Start of XTERRA Open Water Swim|
|13:00||Award ceremony of XTERRA Open Water Swim|
|14:00||Opening of race office for XTERRA Duathlon Kids|
|15:00||Start of XTERRA Duathlon Kids|
|17:30||Opening of race office for XTERRA Trail / XTERRA sprint / full|
|18:30||Start of XTERRA trail|
|20:30||Award ceremony of XTERRA Trail|
Sunday 23rd of May
|7:30-12:30||Opening of race office (Sprint/Full)|
|8:15-9:15||Opening/closing transition area|
|9:30||Start of XTERRA SPRINT|
|13:30||Award ceremony at the end of the competition|
|11:15-12:15||Opening/closing transition area|
|12:30||Start of XTERRA FULL|
|First wave men and women Pro/Elite athletes. Following waves maximum 250. Leaving every 3 mins.|
|18:00||Award ceremony at the end of the competition|
XTERRA TRAIL RUN 11KM
Trail running competition on the same path faced by the athletes during Sunday competition. it composed of 11 km developed between the lakeside and Cartiere’s Valley. The trail offers suggestive landscapes in an immaculate environment to arrive in the cartiere’s Valley; from where the lakeside begins (you may need to wet your feet); the last section starts here: the finale will be quick: who known how to store his energies, will succeed in reach the finish line.
Q) Can foreign athletes obtain the certificate in place?
A) Yes, they can. It will be possible to obtain the certificate on the days before the competition (Friday 21 and Saturday 22). The certificate will be released after a medical visit in a medical center which has an agreement with the organization. For more infos email us at Gardalake [at] xterra-italy.it .
Q) What is the cancellation policy?
A) Cancellation of the inscription and/or retirement from the race: Up to 4 months before race day: 50% refund of the inscription’s fee Up to 2 months before race day: 25% refund of the inscription’s fee after 2 months before the race no refund will be due.
It is not possible to transfer the inscription from one athlete to another or to another race or year.
Q) How much is the inscription fee?
A) The info about the inscription fee are available on the website in the registration section.
Q) What is included with the inscription?
- participation to the race
- pasta party
- electrical timing / charts
- refreshments/ energy drinks/ snacks during and after the competition - medal
- XTERRA T-shirt
- possible sponsor gifts
1. If for any reason a participant cannot finish the race, they must report to the finish line area and return their timing chip. This will result in a DNF (did not finish) result.
2. Littering on the run course is prohibited. Any item that needs to be discarded, including water bottles, gel wrappers, energy bar wrappers, broken bike parts, inner tubes, or clothing items, can only be discarded at aid / hydration stations.
3. MP3 players or any kind of personal music / listening devices with headset are not allowed at any time during the race. Use of a headset will result in disqualification.
4. Race numbers and race registration CANNOT be transferred. Participants found racing under a different name will be disqualified.
5. Consider the safety of yourself and other participants at all times during the race. Treat other participants, race officials, race marshals, medical staff, traffic enforcers, and spectators with respect and courtesy before, during and after the race.
6. Participants shall refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including the improper use of language or conduct directed toward another participant, race official, race marshal, medical staff or traffic enforcer, and spectators.
7. Any protest relating to race results must be submitted in writing to the Race Director within one hour of the final race cutoff.
8. In case of severe weather on race day, XTERRA Italy reserves the right to make the necessary adjustments to the racecourse to ensure the safety of all participants.
9. XTERRA Italy reserves the right to make rule changes at any time provided all athletes are notified on the website and at the pre-race athlete
TRAVEL AND ACCOMODATIONS
Toscolano Maderno is a small town in the province of Brescia - located on Lake Garda’s western side in the center of Riviera dei Limoni.
The city is 40 km from the city of Brescia and it belongs to Parco Alto Garda Bresciano regional park; it is situated on a long promontory between Toscolano’s harbor and Cala di Maderno, located at the feet of Monte Pizzocolo and Monte Castello di Gàino.
MILANO/BERGAMO km 90 km
MILANO MALPENSA 160 km
DESENZANO DEL GARDA 25KM
RESORT / APPARTAMENTS PIAMARTA RESORT
Via Lungolago Giuseppe Zanardelli, 35 25088 Toscolano Maderno (Brescia) Telefono +39 0365 690791 piamarta [at] piamartaresort.com
Via Religione, 88,
25088 Toscolano Maderno BS Telefono +39 0365 641584 toscolano [at] hghotels.com
Let's make XTERRA Lake Garda together!
Become a part of our Volunteers Team and the XTERRA family! You can help in many different fields and enjoy this unique experience.
Contact us at gardalake [at] xterra-italy.it . Every volunteer will receive the ‘’volunteers kit’’
Contact: Sara - Claudio
Email: gardalake [at] xterra-italy.it