If an Act of God/Terrorism/Community Disaster occurs, what happens?
1. We make decisions based on safety first.
2. The government entities that manage the areas we are permitted to use, will also make a decision.
3. Race courses and race date will be altered as seen fit by race management and California State Parks.
4. Athletes in a postponed race will be transferred to the rescheduled date at no charge.
5. Generic Events cannot accept the risk of a disaster for everyone. Each athlete needs to accept the risk of his or her entry fee. There will be NO REFUNDS. The money you paid is spent developing the race.
Why? We do not save any money if the race is postponed or you choose not to participate. We have paid for every supply and service needed for that race. We pay for all race supplies or services associated with that race, regardless of the outcome. These include paying for permits, our staff, offices, and administration costs all year. It’s not ideal, and nobody likes wasting money, but we unfortunately cannot predict what will happen on race day.