Taiwan Trail Run
XTERRA Taiwan Trail Runs - 5/12/29km
The trail runs through Kenting National Park will have you down in empty river beds, up on rolling green hillsides, traversing through dense forest and being met with spectacular views.
“If this course was in Europe, people would fight for a slot!” said Nicolas LeBrun, XTERRA Europe race director.
Whether you’re a newbie or a veteran, you’ll love the challenge designed just for you. And of course, the pristine landscape that will capture your heart.
Every March, plan a getaway to hit the trails with families and friends. Explore the picturesque Kenting above sea level.
Location: Kenting, TW
Venue: LIOU-FU Village
Address: No.5, Gongyuan Rd., Hengchun Township, Pingtung County 94644, TW
Google Map: https://goo.gl/HJ9yBf
29km - LeoFoo Village → Shi Niu Creek → South Bay platform → Chih Niu Ling → Mt. Menmaluo → Mt.Dashamu → LeoFoo Village
12km - LeoFoo Village → Shi Niu Creek → South Bay platform → Shi Niu Creek → LeoFoo Village
5km - LeoFoo Village → Shi Niu Creek → LeoFoo Village
|13:00 - 18:00||Registration||KYAC|
|10:00 - 18:00||Registration||KYAC|
|09:00 - 15:00||EXPO||KYAC|
|06:30 - 09:00||Shuttle Bus - Start||KYAC → LeoFoo Village|
|07:30||29K - Start||LeoFoo Village|
|08:00||12K - Start||LeoFoo Village|
|08:20||5K - Start||LeoFoo Village|
|10:00||Shuttle Bus - Start||LeoFoo Village → KYAC|
|10:00 - 11:00||Post-Race Recovery Yoga||LeoFoo Village|
|11:00||Awards Ceremony||LeoFoo Village|
|11:10 - 12:10||Post-Race Recovery Yoga||LeoFoo Village|
|14:30||Shuttle Bus - End||LeoFoo Village → KYAC|
|15:00||All Events Close||LeoFoo Village|
Prize Purse and Awards
29K - Overall & Age Groups Prizes
1. Overall ranking
The top three male and female finishers will be awarded a trophy and qualify for the 2022 World Championship (no entry fee required).
2. Age groups
(1) The top finisher in each age group will be awarded a trophy.
(2) The overall top finisher will not be ranked in his/ her age group.
|60+||Male A||Female A|
|50 ~ 59||Male B||Female B|
|40 ~ 49||Male C||Female C|
|30 ~ 39||Male D||Female D|
|18 ~ 29||Male E||Female E|
12K - The top finisher in each age group will receive a trophy.
5K - No prize will be awarded.
(1) 29K & 12K
The age limit is 18 years old (born before 2003).
There's no age limit. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a competitor over 18 years old.
1. Race Pack
2. Finisher Pack
3. General Rules
(1) If for any reason a participant cannot finish the race, they must report to the finish line area and return their timing chip. This will result in a DNF (did not finish) result.
(2) All medical expenses incurred during the course of the race or as a result of the race, are the sole responsibility of the participant.
(3) MP3 players or any kind of personal music / listening devices with headset are not allowed at any time during the race. Use of a headset will result in disqualification.
(4) XTERRA Taiwan race numbers and race registration and non-transferable. Participants found racing under a different name will be disqualified.
(5) Consider the safety of yourself and other participants at all times during the race. Treat other participants, race officials, race marshals, medical staff, traffic enforcers, and spectators with respect and courtesy before, during and after the race.
(6) Participants shall refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct, including the improper use of language or conduct directed toward another participant, race official, race marshal, medical staff or traffic enforcer.
(7) Any protest relating to race results must be submitted in writing to the Race Director within one hour of the final race cutoff.
(8) In case of severe weather on race day, XTERRA Taiwan reserves the right to make the necessary adjustments to the race course to ensure the safety of all participants. These decisions will be made on race morning and announced at transition and the swim start.
(9) XTERRA Taiwan reserves the right to make rule changes at any time provided all athletes are notified on the event website and at the pre-race athlete briefing on Friday, March 25, 16:00-17:00 (English)
(1) Violators will be disqualified and withdrawn from the race.
A. Receive food or beverage from others that are not officially approved.
B. Fail to abide by the directions given by the race marshals.
C. Not wearing the race number bib on the front.
D. The race is chip-timed. Athletes must attach their timing chip according to the official athlete guide. If there is no start, finish or checkpoint timing record, the athlete will be disqualified. No certificate will be issued.
E. Before entering the finish area, the marshals will check the race number bib and timing chip. Running on behalf of others, disrespecting race marshals and any conduct violating the race rules will result in disqualification. Protests will not be accepted.
F. There will be recording equipment at the start, finish and checkpoints. Should a dispute arise regarding race results on or after the race day, the event organiser will have access to the recordings.
(2) Violators will be disqualified, banned from the XTERRA Taiwan race for three years and listed on the official XTERRA website.
A. No assistance other than that offered by race and medical officials may be used.
B. Not racing in the registered name or group.
C. Unsportsmanlike-Like Conduct: Foul, harsh, argumentative or abusive language or other unsportsmanlike conduct directed at race officials, volunteers, spectators or fellow athletes is forbidden.
5. Cut-off Time
|Category / Time||29K||12K||5K|
(1) On-site check-in only.
(2) Location: Kenting Youth Activity Centre
(3) Time: 3/26 (Sat.) 13:00 – 18:00
A. Valid identification must be provided during check-in.
B. Please ensure that the contents of your race package & your timing chip data are correct.
C. Failure to omplete check-in in time results in automatic disqualification.
(4) Proxy check-ins: the proxy must present a valid ID and the race number of the athlete and fill in the proxy declaration form.
(5) Athlete/ Proxies check in must check the race packs on-site. Any lost items will not be redistributed once they have departed the check-in area.
7. Timing System
(1) When checking-in, athletes will receive a timing chip. All participants must return their timing chips at the exit of the finish area. Those who do not return their timing chips will be charged NT$1,000.
(2) Timing Chip Placement: please read the athlete guide or follow the instruction of the staff.
(3) The official start time will be the gun time. The race result will be based on the time when the athlete passes the timing mat at the finish line. The split times will be shown on the electronic certificate.
(4) Athletes must pass the timing mats throughout the racecourse. If there is no start, finish or checkpoint timing record, the athlete will be disqualified. No certificate will be issued.
A. Make sure you can physically cover the distances in each leg of your triathlon. The race marshals and medical personnel have the right to stop the athlete from racing. No protest will be accepted.
B. If you have ever experienced the following conditions or diseases, you are within the high risk group for sudden death. Please consult a doctor for their professional opinion and refrain from attending the race against their recommendation. Unspecified chest pains, unspecified causes of breathing difficulties, dizziness from unknown causes, sudden loss of consciousness, high blood pressure, heart disease, renal dysfunction, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, have a family history of heart disease, or epilepsy.
(1) This event provides competitors with public accident insurance (all terms and details of the insurance are as detailed in the contract with the insurance company), the coverage range includes the inside of the competition venue, and includes competitors, staff, and spectators. Competitors are also encouraged to take out additional insurance as needed.
(2) In the event of a force majeure, such as a typhoon before the competition, the event organiser has the right to decide whether or not to cancel the event or change the routes for the safety of the competitors. The event organisers will announce any such changes publicly & immediately.
(3) Participants must follow the directions placed along the race routes and abide any traffic rules or instructions from traffic controllers. All traffic signs must also be followed. Please pay attention to road and traffic conditions throughout the duration of the race as well as before and after.
(4) Please fill in the registration forms carefully, you will be responsible for any loss of insurance coverage due to incorrect information written on your registration form.
(5) Public Accident Insurance Coverage: If while under insurance coverage, an accident involving the insured person results in the injury, loss of property, or disability of a third-person, the insured shall be liable for the damages.
(6) Under these circumstances, when the insured files for compensation with the insurance company, the insurance company's coverage plan includes the following:
A. Up to NT$5 million for each injury, or disability.
B. For all additional every accidents resulting in bodily harm, or disability: NT$50 million.
C. For every accident involving loss of property: NT$5 million.
D. Maximum compensation for accidents occurring during the duration of the coverage plan: NT$110 million
(7) Special Terms & Conditions Not Covered
A. Sports injuries resulting from personal illnesses.
B. Symptoms resulting from personal conditions or cardiovascular disease such as shock, heart diseases, diabetes, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, mountain sickness, epilepsy, dehydration, etc., the insurance company is not responsible for injuries caused by personal illnesses. The public accident insurance plan only covers injury due to outside factors.
C. If a competitor has a history of illness and disease as described in the second provision, it is recommended that they carefully consider his or her own safety and the purchasing of personal accident insurance.
D. If you have ever experienced the following conditions or diseases, you are within the high risk group for sudden death. Please consult a doctor for their professional opinion and refrain from attending the race against their recommendation.Unspecified chest pains, unspecified causes of breathing difficulties, dizziness from unknown causes, sudden loss of consciousness, high blood pressure, heart disease, renal dysfunction, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, have a family history of heart disease, or epilepsy.
(1) The event organisers will assist competitors that experience bodily harm or loss of property during the course of the competition in receiving insurance compensation, unless the competitor has already obtained compensation from another claim or is not eligible for compensation for any reasons as specified in the insurance contract.
(2) In these circumstances, the competitor may not file for damages or request compensation from the event organisers in any way.
(3) By completing registration for the race, competitors agree to abide by all provisions and rules set for this event by the event organisers.
If you have any questions, please contact XTERRA Taiwan:
EMAIL: info [at] xterrataiwan.com
Kenting Youth Activity Centre
+886 08-886 1221
ktyac [at] cyc.tw
KYAC is the XTERRA Taiwan off-road festival event compound and expo venue. Designed by the Maestro architect, Han Bao-De, it is known for its beautiful Minnan style architecture.
Caesar Park Hotel Kenting
+886 08-886 1888 尤絲小姐
yusi [at] caesarpark.com.tw
When the Caesar Park Hotel – Kenting first opened over 20 years ago, it was the only five-star hotel located in a national park in Taiwan. It was all a rage and people visited Kenting just to stay one night at the Caesar Park Hotel. Two decades on, the Caesar Park Hotel has a brand-new look, with Balinese-style luxury villas and outstanding décor. Friendly and considerate hotel staff always greet the visitors with great hospitality. Address: No.6, Kending Rd., Hengchun Township, Pingtung County, Taiwan
Howard Hotels - Kenting
+886 08-886 2324#2538 陳芳萍小姐
ling-kt [at] howard-hotels.com.tw
Howard Beach Resort Kenting is located in the beautiful Kenting National Park, neighboring Mt. Dajian and Mt. Siaojian, with the Kenting Ranch sitting next to it. It has 405 spacious guest rooms, banquet hall with a seating capacity of 950. Enjoy a variety of specialty cuisines, recreational facilities and stress-free stay. Address: No.2, Kending Rd., Hengchun Township, Pingtung County, Taiwan
FULLON RESORT KENTING
rsvn_kd [at] fullon-hotels.com.tw
“Surrounded by mountains and seas, The beauty of Fullon” Located in the Kenting National Park, the Fullon Hotel Kenting seats on top of the Dayuan Mountain and oversees the vast Bashi Channel in its 5 hectares of site area.