Europe XTERRA Certified Coach Camp
Europe XTERRA Certified Coach Camp
September 27, 2021
- September 29, 2021
Register Today to Become an XTERRA Certified Coach
Who: Triathlon coaches who have applied and been approved to participate in the XTERRA Coach Camp, to be hosted by XTERRA Head Coach Renata Bucher. For a list of requirements to be considered for XTERRA Coaching Certification, click here.
What: Three days of training. Completion of the training will result in “XTERRA Certified Coach” official status.
Where: Davos, Switzerland - Camp HQ is Hotel Dischma
When: September 27 - 29, 2021
Why: The XTERRA Certified Coaching Program is designed to:
- Facilitate and enhance the quality of service delivered by coaches who offer XTERRA specific coaching.
- Provide opportunities for first-time athletes to try XTERRA and increase the skills of athletes looking to improve their current XTERRA performance.
- Provide first-hand exposure to the XTERRA culture and “live more” spirit.
- Expand the training businesses of XTERRA Coaches.
- Grow the XTERRA community throughout the Americas and worldwide.
XTERRA Certified Coach benefits include promotion of the XTERRA Certified Coach’s Services to the XTERRA athlete community through:
- A dedicated Coaching section on the XTERRAPlanet.com website. Coaches are grouped by region and each coach is featured with a profile photo, experience and certification information, and contact email and phone.
- Content contributed to XTERRA’s website and social media with training tips, videos and articles which serve to promote them as coaches.
- Promotion of the Certified Coach’s camps or clinics via XTERRA’s global and regional channels.
- Exposure to XTERRA event participants in conjunction with official event training camps, clinics or pre-ride/run/swim.
- “Coach of the Month” feature on XTERRAPlanet.com which will rotate among Coaches and will include an interview designed to spotlight the Coach.
About Renata Bucher:
Worked for Swiss Triathlon (High Performance Director Swiss Cross Triathlon). Represented Switzerland in 3 different National Teams (athletic, cross country mountain biking and triathlon (cross). Found my passion in XTERRA and won 35 XTERRA races in 15 different countries. Coached many female elites to podiums at the XTERRA worlds, Powerman worlds and European Championships (elite).
I developed my coaching philosophies based on what is important to me (what I have learned about life and myself). To open minds and hearts; enhance souls by growing righteous values within, and instill that one's maximum effort on a daily basis is the only way to live an honest and fulfilling life.
Experience: 20 years.
- Bachelor of Education
- Master Degree in Sports (University of Zürich ETH, Switzerland)
- Trainer A Diploma Swiss Triathlon Federation
- Triathlon Level 2
- Expert Level Mountain Bike
- Lifeguard certification OZ
- Founder of Aloha Racing
- Certified Lifesaver, pool lifeguard and swim teacher Australia
- Level 2 first aid certificate
Cost: 330 Euro per person. Includes breakfast, dinner, shared double room.
Registration coming soon!
Tentative schedule is as follows:
|Monday, Sept. 27|
|9:00am||Intro, welcome to XTERRA, Principles of XTERRA Coaching (Hotel Dischma, Dorfkeller)|
|11:00am||Mountain bike skills, mtb maintenance with assistance coach, (Adventure Park Davos Färich)|
|1:00pm||Lunch at the lake, not provided|
|3:00pm||Lake Davos, open water swim coaching, water safety|
|4:30pm||Trail running drills skills, (Lake Davos)|
|6:00pm||Day 1 wrap up (Hotel Dischma Dorfkeller), Topic: Clean sport, Code of Conduct, guest speaker|
|7:30pm||Dinner (provided, Hotel Dischma, Gaststube)|
|Tuesday, Sept. 28|
|7:00am||Pool swim Eau làlà, coaching from the deck, stretch cords.(Hallenbad Eau làlà)|
|9:30am||Classroom, XTERRA specific bike and run programming (Hotel Dischma, Dorfkeller)|
|12:00pm||Lunch on your own|
|1:00pm||Mountain bike skill ride on trails (Davos – Filisur)|
|4:00pm||Running skills, stretching (Davos track)|
|5:30pm||Day 2 wrap up, at Hotel Dischma Dorfkeller, Topic: Hosting a camp, liability and safety concerns|
|7:00pm||Dinner (provided, Hotel Dischma, Gaststube)|
|Wednesday, Sept. 29|
|9:00am||Mountain bike building a training loop, safety aspects (Davos and area)|
|12:00pm||Lunch break, not provided (Hotel Dischma)|
|1:00pm||Continuation assessments, group activities|
|4:00pm||Certificate presentation, wrap-up (Hotel Dischma, Dorfkeller)|
Click here for information on Davos, Switzerland.
Click here for information on Hotel Dischma.
Fly into Zürich Airport.
By car: Motorway in the direction of Chur and then take the Landquart exit heading for Davos.
By train: Zürich HB main station – Landquart - Davos.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Hold a current coaching certification OR degree in Exercise Science
- Have at least 2 years of XTERRA or cross-triathlon coaching experience
- Have finished no less than two XTERRA full course triathlon
- Hold first aid and CPR certifications
All applicants must email a letter of interest, including the motivation to work with their local and the broader XTERRA community. Email Head Coach, Renata Bucher renata.bucher [at] xterraplanet.com (here).
Email Head Coach, Renata Bucher renata.bucher [at] xterraplanet.com (here).