Elite Racing Information
NEW FOR 2021
As of April 22, 2021
We are happy to see conditions improving and we along with our organizers are confident we can produce safe racing opportunities for you this year.
Here are a few updates to consider as you plan your 2021 season:
- The 25th XTERRA World Championship will be held December 5, 2021 at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua in Maui. For 2021 only, due to the coronavirus pandemic, NO qualification will be required for elites wishing to race in Maui.
- We will continue to offer complimentary entry into XTERRA Worlds to the top 10 finishers from the last World Championship (2019) and 50% discounts to winners of 2021 World Tour elite events.
- In 2021, we will not have Tour bonus structures in Europe, the Americas, or Asia-Pacific regions as international travel is restricted, and it is unclear when that may change within each region.
- We have four XTERRA Short Track races on offer in Europe this season, each with prize money to the top five men and women and TV coverage via broadcast and/or social channels. We think it is a great way to showcase the sport and the elite field and hope you give it a try! Email Nico at nico.lebrun [at] xterraplanet.com for more details.
Questions? Email our Elite Athlete Contacts:
Region – Name, Email
Europe – Nico Lebrun, nico.lebrun [at] xterraplanet.com
Asia-Pacific – J-D Cousens, jd.cousens [at] xterraplanet.com
Americas – Trey Garman, trey.garman [at] xterraplanet.com
Any racer wanting to enter as an elite/professional must furnish proof that they have been accepted as a professional by a recognized multisport governing body. Examples of this are:
- USA Triathlon
- USA Cycling (road, cyclocross, track or mountain bike)
- Any national governing body for triathlon
- Any national governing body for cycling
The athlete must present a current card marked clearly and legibly. Without proof of being licensed as a professional, athletes may not compete in the elite category. If your country does not issue elite cards, request a letter from the president of your federation granting permission for you to represent your country as a professional in international competition. Write pro [at] xterraplanet.com with questions.
USA TRIATHLON REQUIREMENTS
Athletes wishing to race as an elite off-road triathlete in any USAT sanctioned event must hold an elite license. XTERRA Oak Mountain, XTERRA Beaver Creek, the XTERRA USA Championship, and the XTERRA World Championship are all USAT sanctioned events. Foreign athletes may apply to USA Triathlon for a Foreign Elite License. Every person who races must have a valid USA Triathlon membership or purchase a one-day membership before being allowed to compete. Learn more about USAT Elite Membership.