Follow along with Hailey Stockbrugger as she guides us through a short series of yoga-inspired exercises that will build strength and stability in the hamstrings and core.
Flow and recommended sets:
#1: Table Top / Plank Tricep Dips: 10 reps to activate the triceps and stabilize your core.
#2: Hovering Table Top Variation: 12 reps, 6 on each side.
- Press equally into palms and then drive your leg close to chest then lift it up all while hovering your opposite knee.
#3: Double Lunge to Airplane: 12 reps, 6 reps on each side.
- Press into your front foot, then take off using your lifting glute.
#4: Horse Squat Oblique Dips: 24 total. 12 on each side.
- Align hips with knees, track your knees over your third toe to protect your joints and inner thighs.
#5: Modified Side Plank w/ Oblique Crunch: 6 on each side.
- Press down into areas that make contact with the mat, and drive opposite elbow to opposite knee as you exhale.
#6: Spider Push Ups: 6 on each side.
- Pull same knee to elbow to activate your obliques while bending your elbows half way. Exhale as you press away and return your working leg to center.
#7: Glute Bridge Walk-Out: 12 reps, 6 on each side.
- With hips lifted, step one foot out at a time and then in to stimulate the hamstrings. Stepping out and in = 1 rep.