1. My first sport was rugby. I played on an all boys team. That sort of set me up for challenges in my life.
2. I love boxing.
3. I coached Mauricio Mendez when he was about 17. We had all sorts of existential chats about life, love, and what it all means.
4. You don’t have to be fast to be coached by me. Some of my favorite people to coach are those who get off the couch and do their first tri.
5. My alter ego is “Paddy McGinty.” Paddy embodies all the elements of the person I need to be to race well. Les, as a person, is too damn nice. Paddy doesn’t care what anyone thinks.
6. I am an actress and did my undergrad in drama.
7. I trained Sylvia Hoeks for her role in the “Blade Runner” sequel. She really applied herself and put on 10 pounds of muscle in 8 weeks.
8. I think ultimately, the magic in life happens outside the comfort zone. In triathlon, you are constantly outside the comfort zone.
9. In 2011, when I won XTERRA Worlds, I didn’t think I deserved it.
10. I just wrote a book with my husband Simon, and we are so excited about it! “The Brave Athlete: Calm the F*ck Down and Rise to the Occasion.”