Fun Facts About Paul Mitchell XTERRA Trail Run Nationals
The 2015 Paul Mitchell XTERRA Trail Running National Championship half-marathon race on Sunday is the culmination of a nationwide (and worldwide) series of events. It’s a special race because the best runners representing every one of our 13 regions have traveled to Utah in pursuit of the dream.
Here are 15 fun facts surrounding this year’s Paul Mitchell XTERRA Trail Run Nationals:
- 54 of our 2015 Paul Mitchell XTERRA Trail Run Regional Champs are registered to race at Nationals.
- 11 of our 2014 Paul Mitchell XTERRA Trail Run National Champs are returning to defend their titles.
- Both 2014 overall Paul Mitchell XTERRA Trail Run Champions Brett Hales and Liz Stephen are back looking for repeat performances.
- There are 13 regional trail run series across the United States
- There are over 130 XTERRA trail runs around the world
- There are XTERRA trail runs in 21 states.
- The series runs September 1 – August 31, so the 2016 season has already started. Each series hosted between three and nine races in their region.
- You only have to run in two XTERRA trail runs in a certain region to qualify for the title of XTERRA Regional Champion, but the more races you compete the better your chances to win!
- You can race in as many regions as you wish, but the points stay within their certain regions.
- There are no age limits in the Paul Mitchell XTERRA Trail Run Series. We have a 9 and under category as well as an 80+ category. Kids can race at any age as long as they are with their parents.
- When racing in an XTERRA Trail Run, remember that only the longest distance of the day counts for series points.
- Each 21K age group winner in the 2015 Paul Mitchell XTERRA Trail Run Nationals will earn free entry into the 2015 Paul Mitchell XTERRA Trail Running World Championship on December 6 in Hawaii.
- Every time you raced with XTERRA in 2015, you helped the environment by having a free tree planted courtesy of Paul Mitchell.
- PowerBar and Gatorade provide nutrition for every race in the Paul Mitchell XTERRA Trail Run Series.
- We have the most amazing Trail Run Series coordinator on the planet, named Emily McIlvaine, and she is always there to help. Got a question, drop her a note at email@example.com or visit www.xterratrailrun.com.