EPC Coaching Back At It in 2014
It's back and better than ever! Group Coaching specifically designed for the 2014 XTERRA Southeast & East Championships, XTERRA Mountain Championships, and XTERRA USA & World Championships.
WHAT IS GROUP COACHING?
Simply put, EPC's Group Coaching is a training plan taken to the next level. Imagine getting a detailed monthly training plan that takes you through all of the necessary training phases to have your reach your peak for you target event(s). Pretty cool. You can find plenty of great training plans online, in book, magazines, from your local stud or stud-ette athlete in town; but it's up to you to decipher the plan, stay on track and maintain overall motivation. Well, take this killer training plan developed by professional racer, coach, family man, Cody Waite; and include with it a monthly conference call where you can listen in and learn all the 'ins & outs' of the plan, gain additional wisdom and insight from the man himself, and even ask the specific questions you're going to have with any training program. Pretty rad! Now what if we put the proverbial 'cherry on top' of the program by including email access to Coach Cody throughout the entire process? That's right, you have a question about a piece of the plan, or 'if you should add this local training race in', or 'eat this piece of pie'; you can contact Coach Cody by email and get your questions answered! You're probably thinking, "Holy crap this is good stuff." Why yes it is, thank you.
WHO IS GROUP COACHING FOR?
For 2014 we have two individual programs available: one for the XTERRA Southeast & East Championships and one for the Mountain Championships. That's right, we have a program designed specifically for athletes on the eastern half of the country that are afraid of the cacti at the XTERRA West Championship and are terrified of the altitude and elevation gain that comes with the XTERRA Mountain Championship; this eastern program targets both the XTERRA Southeast and East Championships in Alabama and Richmond, respectively. The second XTERRA program is for the folks on the western side of the country that love the beauty and grandeur of the Rocky Mountains and the courses that come with it (or those that happen to live in the west and have to "climb that damn mountain at Beaver Creek" because it's their championship race). After their first 'peaks' of the season, both XTERRA programs include a continuing program to take you all the way through to the XTERRA USA and the big show at the XTERRA World Championships for the second peak of the season. That's 10 months of training plans, conference calls, and direction!
WHEN DOES GROUP COACHING START AND WHEN DOES IT END?
The XTERRA programs run January through October (10 months). These take you through the build up and peaking for the Regional Championships, and then a rebuild for Nationals and Worlds.
WHAT DOES GROUP COACHING INCLUDE?
- A highly detailed Training Plan (delivered on a monthly basis)
- A private Basic Training Peaks account for program access & log (or link to your own Premium account)
- Monthly Live Conference Call (and recorded version)
- Email Q&A Support
- Suggested 'points' races to include in your schedule
- EPC Group Training options and 'pre-rides' throughout the year for Denver athletes
- Attendance to open water swim practices, Denver training camps and clinics put on by EPC
- EPC Sponsor & Partner Discounts
WHAT DOES GROUP COACHING NOT INCLUDE?
- A training schedule created around your schedule (you can move the workouts around to best fit your needs)
- Workouts designed specifically for you (they are self-modifiable in duration & intensity to fit your needs)
- Every race you plan to do throughout the year (you learn how to add additional races to your plan as desired)
- Training evaluation or accountability (we'll help keep you motivated but it's up to you to follow the plan and stay on track)
WHEN DO I START? CAN I JOIN IN LATER?
The programs officially begin in January, and the earlier you join in the better off you'll be. However, you can join in at any time. Keep in mind our programs are very progressive and the training and workouts build upon the earlier training performed. If you miss our official start date in January, as long as you are not coming off the couch in spring and expecting to get in shape two months before a goal event, you can join in mid-program and make the most out of the time you've got with us.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Great question and one I knew was coming. We are offering a one-time flat fee option for those that want the best deal, as well as a monthly payment option for those that are either 'late to the party' or don't have the lump sum available upfront (but trust us, it's a way better deal to pay up front!). The fees are the same for both programs: XTERRA Southeast/East & XTERRA Mountain
- A done deal at $400 for the 10-month program
- or $75 per month (paid on auto debit), jump in any time
- No membership, no set-up fee, no other monies required!
HOW DO I SIGN UP?