20 REASONS TO RACE AT THE XTERRA NORTHEAST CUP
2. The course is killer - lots of amazing singletrack through the Green Mountains, in-and-out of maple syrup lines, just so you do not forget what state you’re in!
3. Every athlete gets a free pint of Vermont Ice Cream, Vermont Madhouse Munchies chips, Francs of Green Mountain Coffee, samples of Vermont Cabot Cheese, Vermont chapstick and a pint of Vermont Beer!
4. No late rego fees.
5. Guaranteed Tech T's to all those who sign-up before June 26th.
6. Racers who volunteer for one of the three races over the weekend will race for free!
7. Full slate of housing options from $30 hostel to super sweet Sugarbush Resort.
8. You can (and should) harass the “Kahuna” Dave Nicholas, managing director of XTERRA World Tour.
9. Score a qualifying spot into the XTERRA World Championship (even if you don’t go, still cool to qualify).
10. There is an insane lung-busting climb on the bike (2,800-feet in 16km). This isn’t actually a reason to race, but the amazing descent back down is!!!
11. Tons of prizes being raffled off including a VASA Swim trainer worth $1,800.00. Hello! Plus other cool giveaways like Vermont Brand Darn Tough Socks, Michelin Bike Tires, Vermont IBEX wool clothing, 30 Pints of Vermont Maple Syrup, Shoes, and Vermont eyewear.
12. If you’re racing to win an XTERRA Regional title, this Cup Series race awards more points!
13. Sugarbush is killer, as proof it was ranked No. 1 in the East for terrain variety in Ski Magazine’s “best resorts on the continent’ survey. In the summer, that terrain gets vibrant.
14. You can drive there.
15. Epic place to bring the whole family and stuff for everyone. There’s a half-distance race, off-road half-marathon, kids course duathlon, Paul Mitchell hair cut-a-thon to raise money for charity, free clinics taught by the pros, and loads of stuff going on at Sugarbush Resort all the time.
16. Unprecedented country charm and beauty all around.
17. Swim in clean water pond fed by mountain streams.
18. Great local race director (Chad Denning) working his tail off to provide a great experience.
19. Perfect time of year to get out and go off - live a healthy, active, outdoors lifestyle the XTERRA way.
20. Race right alongside the best in the world. Seriously, this pro field is amazing! Olympians (Stoltz, Williams), XTERRA World Champs (Stoltz, Lebrun, McQuaid), an Adventure Racing World Champ (Anderson), NORBA’s all-time best (Vanlandingham), and a bunch of others studs. Check ‘em out: